Argghhh need help at my wits end now :(

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
The last few weeks have been hell for me and my hubby, Imogen is waking up every other hour crying and were resorting to give her to milk when she wakes up cos shes drivng us insane. I know its teeth as she has 2 breaking through the bottom, but there has to be another way of settling her cos im exhausted all the time since this has started and my patiance with te kids has very much worn thin during the day, the bickering and arguing they were doing earlier resulted in me telling them both to shut up and i hate being like this!

Any suggestion?

Eeek! I'm so sorry. That's terrible. Lack of sleep is just like torture. I can handle anything if I've had a good nights sleep but without it, I'm rubbish.

The only thing I can suggest is Controlled Crying. It is hard but it's quick and it does work. We did it with Tom and within 3 nights he was sleeping through.

If you need any advice on how to do it, PM me.

If you possibly can, try NOT to give her milk during the night as then she associates waking with getting fed. Try to water down the milk slowly over a few nights so eventually she is just having water. That should help too as then she'll realise it's not worth the effort of waking up just for water.

Remember, whatever you decide to do, everything is a phase and it will pass.

Thinking of you and hoping you get some :sleep: soon.

Lucyx :hug:

I can sympathise babes, Maddison has her top two cutting at the moment and is driving me insane :( I feel terrible because I shouted at her today when she wouldnt stop whinging :(
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do really but I definitely would stop giving the milk in the night or you will continue to do it after the teeth have cut. What I do is go in and put her cot mobile on, stroke her hair and wait it out. Bloody hard when you're doing it several times a night though :wall:

Sending very, very BIG hugs, I really wish I could help but teething is just evil and puts both Babies and Mummies through so much :( I really, really hope it passes for her soon :hug: I've used Nurofen with Isaac when he's been bad, but the only thing guaranteed to give us both some let up is co-sleeping, can/do you do that? Or even pull her up to the bedside and have your arm in with her? Also long baths, that may add to her sleeping better, lavendar oils in it too :hug:

I know how horrible it feels when you get upset with your baby/ies, don't be too hard on yourself, you're only human, just get that break/rest when and if you can and know it will end soon, very best wishes :hug:

Guys this is my problem, shes in our room with us so i cant leave her to cry as tommo works and hell i work lookin after the two of them!
Les hope when this tooth is cut she will soon start sleeping all night cos im just so sleep deprived, its like the noob days again :(

I don't have any advice but have some of these :hug: :hug: :hug:

Not looking forward to teething myself (even though I try to think of it as a milestone)...

I don't think I have any advice because the same thing happened to us with the bottom teeth. I was worried at first that she would develop bad habits in the night again because she wanted milk all the time etc. But as soon as the teeth were through she was back to normal. YOu said before that Imogen was sleeping through and I think once the teeth are through she will go back to that. I don't think that controlled crying at this point will make her sleep any better. And I gave in and gave milk as it was the only thing that settled her too. It's a tough time. Sending these :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope so newmum she was a excellent sleeper before teethng started.

mrs_tommo22 said:
I hope so newmum she was a excellent sleeper before teethng started.

If not you can be our new friend in the 'no sleep' thread ;)

She has a teething necklace on and has the odd bit of calpol, had to get her up last night and bounce
her to sleep :( exhausted today is a understatement

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back