Please give me some reassurance...

jamiereed85

Reaction score
Hi...I just registered with this site... and I'm looking for a bit of reassurance. I had my first pregnancy in March of this year, but I miscarried at 8weeks. I think I'm already pregnant again! (we were trying to wait a couple months, but I haven't even had one cycle in between yet)...but if this one works I'll be over the moon. Having the miscarriage last time means I'm so worried bc I have started to have some brown discharge when I go to the bathroom. I didn't really start out this way last time... as last time it was pink and bright red and happened at about 7wks. I should be only about 5wks and it's brown this time. Could it be implantation? I'm hoping it will stop soon... I don't want to go through another miscarriage so soon after the last one. Has anyone else had this? Please help...

Hi Jamie

It's a shame no one has replied to you on this as you sounded worried and it's been a couple of days. This forum seems to be a bit odd like that - endless posts of reassurance for just one or two people and yet you seem to really need some support. Maybe some thoughtful people have PM'd you.

From what other people have said (and this is only from reading lots of posts on various forums and sites not my own experience) - a brownish discharge seems like implamentation bleeding. I understand that if it gets heavier and redder and and you get bad cramping, then there could be cause for concern. I hope things progress ok. I really just wanted you to know not everyone is ignoring you x

We are not ignoring you babe :) I have no experience in this but I do hope things are better now,how are you doing xx

Hi Jamie!!

I have only just joined this web site and read your message. I just wanted to tell you as soon as possible PLEASE try not to worry!! I had exactly the same thing about 3 weeks ago (I am now almost 11 weeks, so I was roughly the same as you then). Of course I freaked out, phoned the doc's and they got me to the hospital the next morning. They checked that everything was ok - and it was. As long as its 'brown' discharge, its very normal to have - they even said that spotting bright red blood could be perfectly normal - although that is hardly comforting information!!

I went through a stage of 'feeling' pregnant, to now 'not' feeling much at all. I sometimes worry that because of that, somethings not right!!!

Jamie, it is perfectly normal to worry - even over the smallest things..especially after your sad loss. But, although I am no doctor, I am fairly cerytain that everything will be absolutely fine. It would be great if you could keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on.

Sammie x :wink:

Hi Jamie

Welcome to the forum.

I also had the brown discharge, think I was about 4 weeks when I got it and it only last a day or 2.

Like the others said, as long as you have no cramping or red bleeding all should be fine.

Remember everyone is different and every pregnancy is different.

Wishing you all the best; keep us updated on your progress :D

I have had discharge as well as bleeding when i was about 6 weeks. As i had no knowledge about what can happen during pregnancy at all then i just thought right i must be loosing my baby it cant be anything else but the best thing i done was go to my doctor and got checked over and everything was fine!

If you get any cramping or pains or anything get yourself to A and E or an emergency doctors appointment!

Best of luck and Sending lots of baby glue

Mica
xXx

Sending you positive vibes hunny, I hope you feel better soon have a chat to your GP or midwife if your unsure of things, thats my best advice!

me and bump wish you lots of gud wishes and hugs:) and kicks too lol

kittycat74 said:
This forum seems to be a bit odd like that - endless posts of reassurance for just one or two people and yet you seem to really need some support.

I'm sorry it seems like that to you kittycat. I think sometimes people just don't know the answer to the question and leave it for other people to answer.
You can see this thread has had over 100 views since it was posted. That seems to be an indication of people wanting to help but not knowing what to say.

Urchin - It's very noble of you to take the cause of the forum on. I'm glad people have now read the post, it was very much languishing as a little viewed post when i wrote the message. I can kind of see where you're coming from...but generally I feel people here are very willing to offer tons of well intentioned good vibes and virtual hugs when they choose to - even if they have no direct experience of the issue the poster is discussing. I've read countless posts on other threads that start "i dont' know what to say..but...i'm here for you" etc etc.

My point is that when people reach out, they're not necessarily looking for the exact answer, they just need reassurance and for other women to offer some support.

I've just come back from the hospital myself because i've been up all night worrying myself sick over heavier, bright red bleeding which has come on unexpectedly after a procedure i had the other day. I know how desperate i felt last night and this morning as i live thousands of miles from anyone i know and my OH is away on business. (Odd that it should happen after me posting here). But i don't think you need to experience crap like that to have empathy. I do respect not EVERYONE needs to reply, or indeed would want to, but if one or two people keep an eye out for that sort of worried post, it makes for a better community - as it does in 'real' life.

It's a shame you felt compelled to respond only to me on that issue and not to offer Jamie any support on her original post. Maybe a PM to me would have been more appropriate. I'm not attacking this forum, i think it's one of the best i've found and has taught me SO much i didn't know a few weeks ago. It was just a personal observation.

Sorry about this Jamie, my gob's shut from now on, hope you're ok.

kitty cat - just read this post!! - Are you ok??!! What bought the bleeding on? Is baby ok? :shock:

Hi

Yup thank God, it's fine - heartbeat is there - i just cried with relief. I honestly thought at one point i'd lost bean down toilet as i heard a plop but it was just blood (sorry too much detail perhaps). I was scrabbling around with my hand down the loo trying to fish 'it' out, horrible. It's just bleeding from them poking around the last couple of times, so i had to endure more of that too today, lovely. But my heart goes out to all those women who are still worried sick with miscarriage/bleeding worries.

Oh kitty....I think I would have done exactly the same......

I had spotting the other week, and couldnt stop crying. Luckily I was treated increadibly well and they sent me straight to hospital. Of course everything was fine but what a horrid thing to go through!!

Just take it easy...glad your ok. How far gone are you?

oh that's a relief, see it's actually really common i think, if it wasn't for this forum and the internet i am sure many of us would have no clue about this stuff. Although i agree with something poor Wobbles said in another thread - it can drive you mad as you scrutinise everything.

According to my scan just about 9 weeks this weekend, so i think that puts me due between 30th Dec and 2nd or something...doc said 1st or 2nd Jan...mainly because i'm useless and have no idea when my last period was before conception. And you?

If I were to work out my due date from the first day of my last period, then by rights I should be about 12-13 weeks. But when I had my scare, when they scanned my belly, I was more like 8 weeks then which took me back a couple of weeks from my due date. Its really all very confusing. :think:
i think I'm about 11 weeks now - my scan is on the 6th June. You are right about becoming paraniod about everything - I feel as though I'm going CRAZY sometimes!! Sometimes I 'feel' pregnant, and others I dont feel pregnant at all....then I start to worry that on my scan it wont be there or alive!! Oh the joys!! I live in Wolverhampton, hows about you? It would be nice to keep in touch with you and your beanie!! x

Hi Girls,

I just want to wish you all the best of luck, and try your best not to worry!!!! Which I know is so much easier said than done, but give it ya best shot!

Here's to a healthy & enjoyable pregnancy!

~~~~~~~~BABY GLUE~~~~~~~

Tam x

I am so glad that i read your post, I am 6 weeks now and this is my third pregnancy, the last two ended in miscarriages (1st at 22 weeks, and 2nd at 9 weeks) so i only have the down side of the experience. I have had cramps and pink/brown discharge this time since my period was due, it has slowed down now and almost stopped. I am dying to hear how you are getting on. Its difficult to stay positive and stop worrying isn`t it. If you are worried you are just worried can`t control it. Fingers crossed for you that all is well.
Jane

and the very best of luck to you too Jano......third time lucky??!!!

I'm sure we'll all be thinking of you...keep us posted on your progress! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back