Please can we have your input....

babyblonde

Reaction score
....about 'output'

We are trying to collate a set of info re: constipation and digestive problems in pregnancy, as loads of us in First Tri seem to be suffering!

If anyone has any tips would they kindly post on my thread.

If it would be useful perhaps we could ask the mods to sticky it into 2nd and 3rd tri too?

Thanks in advance!

There was a really good thread in ask a mum - not sure if it was stickied though so you may have to go searching for it.

The best thing I have found for constipation (and keeping everythig moving generally) is warm water (boiled and allowed to cool enough so you can drink without scalding yourself!) It tastes foul, especially if you have very hard water but is a lot more natural than laxatives (and I prefer it to eating lots of fruit or something if you are a bit bunged up because then you can end up with the runs and awful heartburn!)

I swear by grapes.... my Nanna gave me them when I was younger when I couldnt go poo and they worked. Ive had to use them since been pregnant and has also worked!!! Boiled water as well and cabbage also helps... lots of fresh veg always makes me go as well :)

for constipation i would definately suggest keeping your liquid intake up and fruit.... also keeping mobile i.e a walk every day keeps everything moving down below too :)

Prunes! And Fruit and Fibre. If I miss either I'm in trouble, especially with the iron pills I'm on.

Another tip I'd like to pass on is to take some prunes or whatever does it for you in your hospital bag. I was in there 4 days and there was only a few manky apples in the way of fruit on offer and no fibre-filled cereals for breakfast and I was paranoid about pooing after labour because everything hurt. It was ok in the end as my OH brought me my prunes but it's something that hadn't occurred to me until after I'd given birth if you see what I mean?

+++

plenty of orange juice, fibre and water. If that fails then get a damn hot curry down your gullet, youllhave sting ring for a while but you can poo :cheer:

the couple of times i had trouble going in pregnancy i used senokot gel it worked a treat :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back