Anaemic??

Lanesje77

Reaction score
Hi, I got a letter from the hospital today, it goes as follows....
" Your recent blood test has shown that you are anaemic/ ^ platelets.
We have notified your gp and would be grateful if you could attend his surgery for iron therapy as soon as possible and arrange a repeat blood test in 4 weeks time" I just wondered what the ^ platelets means and is iron therapy likely to be tablets?? Xx

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?p0kamu

Not sure what the ^ platelets means but they will most likey give you iron tablets. I'm anaemic too and on the tablets till bubs is 6 months apparently:(

They will give a course of iron how much depends on how anaemic you are after 4 weeks they do a blood test again to see if your count is improving if not they will discuss iron infusion or some other form of treatment. My bloods are very low at the moment it's awful feeling so washed out. I hope the tablets help. X

I think that's just the platelets count.
Iron therapy is probably just tablets. They also have iron injections but it depends how low your count it.

That means raised platelets hun which I believe can mean a risk of blood clots. And I'm sure iron therapy will be iron tablets.

I think that means raised platelets too. If ur doc is concerned about it, ull probably be put on aspirin.

As for the iron therapy, that'll be tablets. I'm on them too x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back