Placenta

MrsK

Reaction score
Bit concerned as yesterday I had my 20 week scan and was told that my placenta is lying quite low - to be honest at the time I didnt really take it in as I was excited at see my ba. However the nurse said it is nothing to worry about and will probably move with the baby as my uterus grows it will be reviewed at my 32 week scan, I came home and looked at this on the net and it said that after 20 weeks this can be dangerous and may cause early labour or heavy bleeding as the placenta can detach. Now I wish I'd never looked at the net as it has got me very worried!

Hey hun...the internet can be very disturbing sometimes and can give the extreme sides of the situation. The best people to get answers are from the hospital i.e. the midwife, GP or doctors. Try not to worry about it...maybe some girls in a similar situation may shed some light for you....try and relax xx

i was total the same at my 20 week scan and like you looked on the internet and made myself worry!!

got to have a scan and 34weeks so going to try and forget about it until i know if its moved or not

x

i was total the same at my 20 week scan and like you looked on the internet and made myself worry!!

got to have a scan and 34weeks so going to try and forget about it until i know if its moved or not

x

Thank you , yes have looked at a few more articles and everyone who also had this seemed to say the issue was resolved by their next scan. Think I will stop researching! lol. Goodness it must be something to do with our due date 19th November!!x

Last edited:

x

Thank you , yes have looked at a few more articles and everyone who also had this seemed to say the issue was resolved by their next scan. Think I will stop researching! lol. Goodness it must be something to do with our due date 19th November!!x

yeah the more you read the more you worry and there isnt anything we can do to help it so guess its just a waiting game!!
:dance: 19th nov wondered who will have theres first? x

Hey

I have this too, my placenta is very low and cord is actually covering cervix, already been told I may have to have a c section before full term. I don't mind, they said there is no risk to me or baby as long as I have the section if needed. I also have a scan at 32 weeks.

Sal x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back