Anyone else been told they have placenta previa???

mumbum

Reaction score
I had my 20 week scan on saturday and the sonographer told me my placenta is low lying over the cervix called placenta previa. Having googled it I am terrified but apparently it can change and move up with the uterus as it grows so going to re-scan me at 36 weeks to see if it has moved and if not...early c section seems likely.....scary. Didn't have this problem last time and had a (painful) but normal natural delivery.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this experience, if it is common and I am being a wolly worrying about it!?:confused:

First of all.....Step away from the google!!!!! it's a bad thing..

I have it!! Mine at the 20 week scan was about a cm away from the cervix, stupid placenta lol...

I am being re scanned in 2 weeks to make sure it has moved, my midwife said it is nothing to worry about, just it might mean that something on your plan may need to change closer to the time, midwife also said that at least 80% of womens placenta's move...bet google didn;t say that huh!!

It can be worrying though and I did the same as you when I got home and freaked myself out totally :)

xxxx

Yes, my placenta was covering my cervix at my 20 week scan. We had a 3d scan at 27 weeks and they told me that placenta has moved up and baby's head is now lower than the placenta :)

They will check it and confirm at my 32 week scan, but I'm soo relieved that it looks like it has moved!

Try not to worry too much, there's not much you can do until your next scan and if the worst comes to the worst, you will just have to have a cesaeran delivery, which although isn't ideal, isnt the end of the world.

xxxx

thanks hun. i know the google is dangerous! just the sonographer didnt really say anything about it except that i have it so i have now called mw just for a chat and reassurance which i now feel. im not worried about the possibiluty of c section it was all the other stuff i read about bleeding and not having sex etc in the mean time that i got worried about but apparently no need. just have to wait and see......

Hi Hun, had my scan today and I have the same. The ultrasound lady said most will move but they just check nearer the time as its better to be prepared. I'm not worried as long as bubba is ok. I know loads of people who have had c sections and all been fine. I know it's not ideal but try not to worry xx

I had a big bleed at 15 weeks and was told I had placenta previa, so was just told to take it easy at 20weeks it had moved :) x

Nothing to worry about there's a very high chance it will have moved by the time you're scanned again

This happened with me. If it hadn't moved by 32-34 weeks they will just keep rescanning you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back