low lying placenta...?

lozzi

Reaction score
right the sonographer said that the postition of the placenta was low lying and that it cud be a my womb contracting and that she wud check again at the end of teh scan, well ti was exactly the same so she said that she will see if its the same next week...

im really concerned coz ive heard horror storiesa bout low lying placentas...

is it true u have to have c section?

hi, my friend kerry was told with her last pregnancy she had a low lying placenta, and she did discuss the possibility of having a c section but they scanned her every other week and on the third it had moved, she gave birth naturally. try not to worry yourself to much :angel:

Hi Loz, just spotted this...
They put on my notes at 20 week scan my placenta is low lying, the consultant spoke to me afterwards and said not to worry, in most cases it moves up as the uterus grows.

I believe if they are worried, they will scan you regularly, and the worst case senerio is a c section in rare cases....

I am not going to worry until they give me something to worry about!! Dont worry chicky, I bet it will move soon like mine :pray: :hug: xxxxxxxx

thansk hunny uve really reassured me xx

My mum had low lying placenta in both of her last pregnancy's, She had a c section on both because if it stays low lying you can't give birth naturally.

But the only reason my mum had low lying is because it was my mums 4th and 5th baby, the placenta needs to attach to fresh tissue and having already had 3 the placenta couldnt attach to the top of the womb.

Its very likely your placenta will move round so dont worry hunny :hug:

Yeah im sure it will move girls for both of you!!

But Tash is right, if its doesnt you have no choice but to have a C-Sec, Rich's colleague is having one next week due to a LL placenta

Low lying isnt always bad as has been said, if it's covering the cervix (placenta previa) that's when it's a definate c-section. It's not very common though I don't think.

Good luck babe x

Sami said:
Low lying isnt always bad as has been said, if it's covering the cervix (placenta previa) that's when it's a definate c-section. It's not very common though I don't think.

Good luck babe x

Yes, thats what Rich's colleague has and thats why she is having to have a section

My friend had a low lying placenta too and so was booked in for a c-section but by the time it came to having it - it had moved into the right place and she had her baby boy naturally.
Sometimes I think we get too much information!
H

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back