Placenta confusion

Lucy Helen

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I just wondered if any of you might be able to help me as i'm a little confused :wall2:....

I hadnt felt LO move for a few days so i called the midwife on Tuesday and she told me to go to the hospital- they left us waiting for ages but when we finally did get seen they started to check the heartbeat. At first she couldnt get it so she had to go and get a bigger machine (the wait seemed likes ages!!) she finally picked it up with the other machine but only faintly.

Anyway her conclusion was that LO is lying very low as is my placenta so she thought that may be blocking me feeling the kicks/movement but everything is ok with LO which i was over the moon about! :)

I told my mum after and she said you may have placenta privia (cant spell-sorry!) i dont know if it runs in familes but my mum and grandma both had it so my mum thinks i may to if my placenta is lying low. I had a look on the internet and it said that at your 20 week scan they should check where your placenta is and if it needs to be looked into later in pregnancy so when i got home last night i checked through my scan notes and it said my placenta at 20 weeks was anterior high!

Sorry about the long post ladies but i'm just a bit confused!! does your placenta move so it could have been high at 20 weeks and have moved down? and will my midwife check where it is incase it doesnt move and i have problems in later pregnancy??:wall2:

Hope one of you can help :) xx

I have an anterior placenta and yesterday they couldn't find baby's heartbeat so have had to be monitored he hides behind it.

If u have placenta previa they will monitor it and u may need a c section as a natural birth would be unsafe for u and bubs. X

Ooh and ur placenta can move mine has gone low to high. I would talk to ur mw about ur worries

i had placenta previa it was totally covering the opening, i was told this at 20 week scan, had to go back at 34 weeks still hadnt moved so back again at 36 weeks

you would of been told if it was low as you have to be careful incase of bleeding, if it anteria it means its at the front so you wouldnt be able to feel strong kicks as it does cushion them.

i had my 20 week scan and was told to go back at 32weeks for a placenta check but they never told me it was because it was low. They told me they couldnt see it because Crumpet was in the way.

I went to my 32week scan and was told i had nothing to worry about because my placenta was no longer lying low... i didnt even realise it was low i thought it was hidden.

xx

Mine is also anterior which can affect the kicks you feel. Was also very low lying up to 30 weeks but a scan this week showed that it had moved up. Generally they do tend to shift up the way as you grow, it's very rare - though possible - for them to stay low x

im lucky with mine as they like it to be about 3cm away from opening x at 36 weeks mine was only 2cm away but becuse ive had no bleeding or problems in this pregnancy they are letting me have a vaginal birth.

am so happy about it as i didnt want a c section x x

Thanks everyone for your help and replies, i'm hoping it moves up i still have a while to go so fingers crossed!

I'm seeing the midwife next week so i'll ask her some questions to see what she says xx

Deffo get this clarified with the MW. Sounds like they have written something strange in your notes if one report was anterior high and then they discuss low? Placentas will move up only with a growing uterus so it will probs move out the way as the girls said if it was low. Good luck getting it clarified but don't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back