Low lying placenta

Nat26

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Ive been told I have a low lying placenta and its reaching the birth canal. Has anyone had this at 32 weeks and what happened??
I'm going for another scan next week so they can look again. Baby has finally gone head down but I guess they worry he wont pass the placenta??

xx

I had a low lying placenta, discovered after my 20 week scan x they monitor you to see if placenta moves up any as your uterus grows, but I think if its still covering the cervix by 36 weeks then your midwife/consultant will talk through your options, which would be a section x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Yeah flugel is right. when I was 16 weeks they were worried I had low lying placenta so they sent me for a scan but it turned out it was posterior.

Hopefully it moves up as your uterus gets bigger! xx

I was hoping it would move a bit more by now but unfortunately not but I guess I still have lots of growing to do!!

I'm only 12 days ahead of you and I'm hoping I don't have much more growing to do! I'm absolutely massive!

Fingers crossed that you grow more hun! I have my fingers crossed for myself as well that LO turns head down, he is far to comfy in breech position!

xx

Having a scan tomorrow to find out if its moved far enough away so fingers crossed!

I was told at 20 weeks that mine was low lying but that hopefully it will move up. Do they give you more scans to check? x

Princess - Yes if it was low at the 20 week scan they should check again at about 34 weeks - I think in most cases it has been stretched away from the cervix by then. I had a private scan last week and it was still low so will find out tomorrow if its too low still.
There doesn't seem to be many people where its been a problem xx

im back in oct for my 34 week scan as mine was covering birth canal, im hoping its moved as i really dont want a c section. all the people ive spoke to about it have said oh yeah mine was like that but it moved, so fingers crossed,

if anyone has reached 34 weeks with it stioll not moving what are the odds on it moving after that date? does anyone know???

Princess - Yes if it was low at the 20 week scan they should check again at about 34 weeks - I think in most cases it has been stretched away from the cervix by then. I had a private scan last week and it was still low so will find out tomorrow if its too low still.
There doesn't seem to be many people where its been a problem xx

Thanks for that hun, it's standard procedure in Northern Ireland to have a scan at 36 weeks, so I guess they might just check it there x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back