Placenta Art - CONTAINS PICTURES OF MY PLACENTA

Mervs Mum

Reaction score
I thought you might like to see my placenta prints.

I'll keep adding the pictures of the process so bear with me before replying as I can only add 5 per post!!

pic 032.jpg

pic 033.jpg

pic 034.jpg

pic 035.jpg

pic 046.jpg

What you doing mum?

pic 048.jpg

Hmmm....leave me alone.....

pic 049.jpg

I'm not interesting in your boring placenta....I'm done with it....bin it FGS Mother.....

pic 051.jpg

Oh it's so clean, and smaller than I was expecting!

This looks amazing, thanks for posting the pics :) What are you going to do with the picture? Are you planting the placenta?

pic 052.jpg

pic 053.jpg

pic 054.jpg

pic 055.jpg

I think I like the top one with the little dot of blood :)

:yay: Great pics :love:

Love the ones of Sidney :rofl:

Looks good hon - where u putting the pics? Love the pics of Sid by the way xxx

OH did some research about the name Sidney......

Sidney is a medieval English surname that means 'custodian of the water meadow'.

Water meadows were purposefully planted to be regular stores of water and where foliage could be deposited to make organic compost.

The water meadow was therefore deliberately kept in a state of full field capacity moisture to also ensure a constant water supply in the local drainage basin and the traditional surname of the people who tended the water meadows was 'Sidney'.

The 'Kew Green Skimmia' is a moisture loving meadow shrub suitable for growing in the shade. It is a male plant that flowers in April - Sid's birth month. This is the shrub we have planted on top of the placenta in the kids play area of the garden.

OH just planted it but I was seeing to Sid so I didnt get action shots! :lol: I will get you all a picture of the shrub tomorrow :)

I'm going to frame the one I like best and put it up in his room :)

OH did some research about the name Sidney......

Sidney is a medieval English surname that means 'custodian of the water meadow'.

Water meadows were purposefully planted to be regular stores of water and where foliage could be deposited to make organic compost.

The water meadow was therefore deliberately kept in a state of full field capacity moisture to also ensure a constant water supply in the local drainage basin and the traditional surname of the people who tended the water meadows was 'Sidney'.

The 'Kew Green Skimmia' is a moisture loving meadow shrub suitable for growing in the shade. It is a male plant that flowers in April - Sid's birth month. This is the shrub we have planted on top of the placenta in the kids play area of the garden.

OH just planted it but I was seeing to Sid so I didnt get action shots! :lol: I will get you all a picture of the shrub tomorrow :)

Oh that sounds so perfect and lovely :cloud9:

Im definitely going to ask for a close up of mine after the birth - nice one Lisa this is so original, Ive not heard of anyone else doing this :)

Originally I put in my birth plan that I wanted to make sure we got pictures of it because I really wished I'd looked at Hebe's. Then I thought I'd like to keep it and plant it. For anyone who doesnt know 'Hebe' was the Greek godess of youth in Greek mythology and also a flowering shrub. We got some 'hebe' plants for the garden when she was born so we wanted another plant for Sid and it made sense to stick the placenta under it. I got the idea of the prints from a friend on the sister forum. :)

So amazing! :cloud9: I wish I'd at least got some photos of mine. And I LOVE the plant idea x

that looks awesome!!

its meant to be good luck aswell keeping it and burying it xx

That is so so special.. I had always wondered what a placenta looked like :oops:.. How surreal is it to think that that is a babys lifeline.. It's fascinating.. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back