Placenta Praevia

OverTheMoon

Reaction score
Dear All
Am feeling quite down today, I had my second scan about three weeks ago and they noticed that my placenta was partially covering the cervix. The baby is really healthy so thats the main thing, but they want to scan me again at 32 weeks to see if the placenta has moved out of the way of the cervix.
I was not worried about this really, all it meant to me was that I may have to have a caesarian, but now I've read up on Placenta Praevia and realise that it can be quite serious. I have to watch out for bleeding in case baby is in distress and has to be delivered before term. Also I'm supposed to be taking it easy which is bloody impossible at the moment with working full time and moving house. I am feeling really emotional about it has anyone else experienced this and should I be worried? :(

I have a low-lying placenta.
I thought it was the same as placenta previa until I just read up a bit more.
I was worried, especially about bleeding, we were going to go on holiday abroad but now we are going to Cornwall instead.

One thing I found out that made me feel a little better is that if you do bleed it's YOUR blood, not the baby's that is lost.
I haven't spoken to my midwife about since my scan but am trying to not worry about it too much, normally the placenta moves anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back