pins and needles in finger tips

sarafet

Reaction score
does anyone else have this?

i get this usually at least twice a day now and it's so horrible and annoying :wall:

just had it there and i started crying because it's such a horrible feeling :cry:

any tips on what to do to stop it? i've just been massaging my hand to get the blood flowing and standing up :(

Sorry Hon, I haven't heard of this before. Sounds horrible :hug:

i know i'm moaning, it's just such a yucky frustrating feeling :cry:

the wonders of pregnancy eh :roll:

It could be Carpal Tunnel syndrome. I remember reading somewhere that in pregnancy women often get it and it causes pins and needles in your fingers.

I can't remember where i read it though. I'll have a look and see if i can find it and let you know.

Don't worry, it's normal. The physiotherapist said if it's a big problem then I could get some very attractive splints to wear :?
Try not to curl your wrists over and flexing your fingers as you're doing should help it go away. It happens when your hands (or might be wrists or something, I really have to pay more attention) swell up a bit so it usually just happens to me at night.
You sound very stressed about it so you may want to see about those splints - but I can't imagine they'd be comfortable. You would ask your midwife to refer you to the physio.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

yes i get that to it is very annoying i have no swelling to go with it so i dont think is is anything to worry about could just be how u are sitting.

Hi, it will most likely be carpel tunnel syndrome.

I had it with Jack really bad. When he was born the midwife's had to hold him while I breast fed as I couldn't feel my arms!

Its very annoying and you can get splints from the pharmacy.

Not much else you can do unfortunately as, although you can have an operation for it, yours is prob linked to the pregnancy and will disappear at some point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back