Pink spotting, told I'm having miscarriage. When should I expect heavy bleed?

Slb24

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I posted yesterday after being told Ive miscarried due to hcg levels dropping. They were fine until Sunday. I started spotting and had some pains on Saturday. I'm still slightly spotting, like a very light pink smudge when I wipe. I've had a tiny bit like 2 spots of orangey blood. And that's the only time I've needed to wear a pad.

My question is should I expect a heavy bleed? Or is this it?

I'm confused.. Everything I've read suggests that I should be bleeding heavy. Btw I was 5 1/2 weeks along xx

I had light bleeding for a week before I actually miscarried.

I wasn't sure initially if I would know when it happened, but I started to bleed heavily, passed lots of clots and had pains so I knew it was happening.

Sorry you're going through this hun, it's really shitty.

XX

Thank you. It's so confusing. I don't feel as though I can fully except it until this happens. Like I need it to happen before I can mourn if that makes sense. If it happens I will know it's real. Thanks again xx

I had light bleeding for a week before I actually miscarried.

I wasn't sure initially if I would know when it happened, but I started to bleed heavily, passed lots of clots and had pains so I knew it was happening.

Sorry you're going through this hun, it's really shitty.

XX

Can you tell me how you felt please? I keep getting really bad headaches and feel like I've got the flu. My body all over is aching. Did you get this or am I coming down with something? Thanks and sorry for your loss xx

Last edited:
I didn't feel poorly at all.

I felt very drained but more emotional than physical.

It was 11 days between my first tiny bit of spotting and my actual mc and the wait was torturous.

I had been scanned at what should have been 8+4 but was measuring way behind so I knew I had lost my baby. Hospital policy was to rescan in 2 weeks before they would take any action but I miscarried naturally in the meantime.

Miscarriage is awful but I have to say I've found the emotional side worse than the physical. As I knew that I had lost my baby, I was so stressed out with waiting for something to happen that when I finally miscarried I felt relieved.

Be kind to yourself hun and just know that however you feel emotionally is ok.

XX

I didn't feel poorly at all.

I felt very drained but more emotional than physical.

It was 11 days between my first tiny bit of spotting and my actual mc and the wait was torturous.

I had been scanned at what should have been 8+4 but was measuring way behind so I knew I had lost my baby. Hospital policy was to rescan in 2 weeks before they would take any action but I miscarried naturally in the meantime.

Miscarriage is awful but I have to say I've found the emotional side worse than the physical. As I knew that I had lost my baby, I was so stressed out with waiting for something to happen that when I finally miscarried I felt relieved.

Be kind to yourself hun and just know that however you feel emotionally is ok.

XX

Thanks Hun. And sorry again. I just feel awful. I've had problems with this pregnancy right from the start. I found out I was pregnant after a 3 day bleed. Then hcg levels went up and now they are dropping. So even though I'm gutted I had time to prepare myself. This week has been awful though. 4 blood tests in 7 days and probably more if my hcg levels aren't back to 0. I'm just on another waiting game now. It sounds awful but I just want to have that bleed so I can mourn and move on. Thanks for your help xx

It doesn't sound awful hun.

I totally understand as I felt the same. I knew I had lost my baby and I felt so angry and upset that my body had kept hold of a pregnancy that wasn't going anywhere and I just wanted it over and done with.

I had a scan four out of five Fridays! From start to finish it was four weeks until I got the all clear from the hospital.

I really hope the process is quick and straightforward for you.

XX

My god! That's a lot! They won't scan me as I was early. I went for more bloods today. They gave said if they have dropped again they will leave me for a week and then I need to go back to check the levels are at 0. If they are the same or higher I will need more bloods and a scan to check its not ectopic. I get the results tomorrow. The lady who I spoke to basically said that there is no hope for this pregnancy now so out of the two options im wishing its a miscarriage. It's the best option between the two as ectopics are worse. Xx

Oh absolutely.

Fingers crossed it's not an ectopic.

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back