Pineapple Recipes

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
Well theres a few people about to pop any day and I have read a few threads on here about people eating pineapple to bring labour on, now I have read that it takes 9 pineapples to stimulate the contractions.

Now thats a hell of a lot of pineapples and Id be sick if I ate 9 on their own so I though it'd be fun to experiment with them and make them a bit more appealing.

So add your fun, exciting and easy to make pineapple recipes below, also it would be great to know what you think if you make any of them.

Heres mine, im sure there'll be more but have this for starters

Warm Pineapple with Sultanas, Ice-Cream & Caramel

Ingredients
100g/4oz caster sugar
30ml/1fl oz rum (optional)
30g/1oz sultanas
hot water, to mix
1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced thinly
fresh mint, to garnish

Method
1. To make the sauce, place the sugar in a thick bottomed pan and heat until caramelised. Add the rum (if using) and flame off the alcohol.
2. Add the sultanas and just enough water to make a sauce.
3. Warm the pineapple in the sauce.
4. To serve, place a slice of pineapple on each plate, spoon over the sauce and place a scoop of the banana ice cream in the middle. Garnish with a sprig of mint.

Vanilla Ice Cream & Pineapple Smoothie

1/2 vanilla ice cream
1 cup of canned pineapples drained of syrup (i would use a whole pineapple, then thats another one ticked off the 9) :lol:
1/2 banana
1/2 cup milk

Directions:

Blend the banana with the milk until slushy. Stir in the vanilla ice cream for a few seconds than add the pineapple pieces. Blend on low for 20 seconds and enjoy your smoothie. No extra sweetener is needed because the vanilla ice cream provides a very sweet taste to go along with the pineapple. Other ice cream flavors may work as well. If its a little thick add a little milk or apple juice.

Carrot & Pineapple Muffins

Ingredients
100g/4oz plain flour
100g/4oz plain wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
¾tsp bicarbonate of soda
1½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp salt
200ml/7fl oz vegetable oil
90g/3½oz caster sugar
2 eggs
120g/4½oz finely grated carrots
225g/8oz tinned crushed pineapple, semi-drained (again use a whole one just so you can get 9 in) :lol:
100g/4oz raisins

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Sift together the flours, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt and mix well. Beat the oil, sugar and eggs until well blended. Add the grated carrots, crushed pineapple and raisins. Gradually add the flour mixture, beating just enough to combine all the ingredients.
3. Pour the batter into muffin trays lined with paper cases and bake for 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

Grilled Salmon & Red Onion, Coriander, Pineapple & Chilli Salsa

Ingredients
For the salsa
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 small pineapple, finely chopped
1 small red chilli, finely chopped
handful coriander leaves
75ml/2½fl oz olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the glaze
2 tsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
50g/2oz brown sugar
pinch chilli flakes
4 x 200g/7oz salmon fillets

Method
1. For the salsa, combine the red onion, pineapple, red chilli, coriander and olive oil in a small bowl. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Leave in the fridge for about an hour for the flavours to combine.
2. Preheat the grill to hot.
3. In a small saucepan, for the glaze, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar and chilli flakes. Bring to a simmer and cook for one minute until just starting to thicken; put aside to cool before using.
4. Season the salmon with salt and freshly ground black pepper and then place on a baking sheet and grill it until cooked all the way through - about ten minutes.
5. Once the salmon is cooked, brush with the glaze. Serve the salmon at once along with the salsa.

So you have any recipes that don't contain pineapple? :rotfl:

Pineapple Rice Pudding

Ingredients
For the caramelised pineapple
½ pineapple, cored and cut into cubes (again i would use a full pineapple)
50g/1¾oz caster sugar
For the rice pudding
200 g/7oz long grain rice
200ml/7fl oz milk
1 vanilla pod, seeds removed
30ml/1fl oz cream

Method
1. Place the pineapple cubes and caster sugar in a large bowl and mix together so that the pineapple is coated with the sugar.
2. Place a small frying pan over a medium heat and add the pineapple cubes and sugar to the pan. Cook for ten minutes, keeping the pineapple cubes moving as the sugar begins to caramelise evenly.
3. To make the rice pudding, place all of the ingredients into a medium saucepan and bring the mixture to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for eight minutes, stirring regularly, until the rice has softened.
4. To serve, place the rice pudding in a bowl and place the caramelised pineapple on top.

mmm these recipes sound yummy.

Heres one but contains a teeny weeny bit of alcohol, but its only 3 tbsps.
x

Pineapple Flambe

Suitable for vegetarians*

Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 35 minutes

Ingredients

1 medium pineapple
1 vanilla pod
50g light muscovado sugar
50g butter
Juice of 1 orange
3 tbsp dark rum

1. Cut away the skin of the pineapple, removing its eyes as you do so.

2. Slice the pineapple into rounds and cut out the cores with an apple corer. Set aside.

3. Slice the vanilla pod down its length and scrape out the seeds. Add the seeds to the sugar.

4. When you are ready to serve, melt the butter in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add a single layer of pineapple slices and fry briskly for about 90 seconds each side or until golden. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat the process until all are lightly coloured.

5. Immediately add the vanilla seeds, sugar and orange juice to the frying pan. Stir until the sugar has dissolved, then add the pineapple rings, with any juices. Make sure all the fruit is well coated and cook until piping hot.

6. Pour over the rum and set alight, shaking the pan slightly to ensure the alcohol burns. When the flames have died down, serve immediately.

My mums home made curry made me go into labour the first time around lol! :lol:

x

I read that the pineapple has to be fresh. Apparantly the canning process destroys the enzymes!
I've given up on pineapple, I think it will be induction for me :doh:

muppetmummy said:
I read that the pineapple has to be fresh. Apparantly the canning process destroys the enzymes!
I've given up on pineapple, I think it will be induction for me :doh:

I thought it had to be fresh also so just use fresh pineapple rather than tinned?

sorry hun, I read it wrong and didn't see that you'd put to use a whole pineapple instead :doh: :doh:

muppetmummy said:
sorry hun, I read it wrong and didn't see that you'd put to use a whole pineapple instead :doh: :doh:

No probs, Im off to supermarket tomorrow so Im going to get some of the ingredients in ready then when I hit 38 weeks I can have a baking frenzy :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back