Persistent Trophoblastic Disease

Ellen

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I had m/c number 5 in May, and my test results came back to say baby had an extra half set of chromosomes. This apparently is not compatible with life :( in the same phone call the Consultant told me he suspects I now have persistent trophoblastic disease. I am going into hospital tomorrow for a beta HCG test and will be monitored. I had bleeding for almost 8 weeks in total after the D & C. Has anyone else had this? or can anyone shed some light? thanks ..... ellen

hi hun sorry cant help but didnt wont to read and run. hope hospital can give u some better answers hope ur ok big loves xxxxx

Sorry Ellen, I have never heard of this, I'm sorry you have had so many MC's - no one should have to have this happen, SO I am pleased they are looking into the situation fokr you so you can get something sorted out.

Good luck for your tests tomorow X

So sorry you have had to go through this.. And sorry for your losses :hug: I hope they are able to give you some real information and answers hun :hug: And a way for you to go forward, good luck xxx

I'm sorry but I don't know much about this - I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your losses x

I went for my tests and the level they wanted to see was less than 5, but unfortunately it came out at 10. I have to return in two weeks and have a repeat and also a scan of some sort. Its hoped that the beta hcg does not rise, which is ironic considering when you are pregnant you really want it to rise! anyway... we hope it will go down to a non pregnant level as otherwise it might indicate a growth in the womb :( ... will keep ye posted.. thanks for all the support. x

Just in case anyone was watching this thread, i'd like to let you know that my levels have now returned to normal but I have to be monitored for a few more months just to be sure. Basically the pregnancy was a partial molar one. anyway, all is well that ends well.. I am not allowed to get pregnant for a while, but I probably need the break anyway. I am now having acupuncture to get myself back to feeling normal and its fantastic, I really recommend it... Peace out..x

Glad results were what you wanted but know this is tough - thinking of u hon x x x

Thanks lots for letting us know you were ok and levels had come back to normal, that's great. I had heard you have to have a break after a molar pregnancy, best to be sure , hang in there Hun X

thanks for letting us know. hope u doing ok. ull get there in the end am sure of it lots love xxxxxxxx

Hi there

I had a molar pregnancy back in 2002, a partial molar. I'd not heard of them at all until then, so it was a shock. I went online and could barely find much information about it at the time, but I was so upset that I needed to know what it was all about. I had to wait for months for reassurance that the levels had gone down, or else go through chemotherapy. Very scary,but it's actually one of those diseases which has an extremely high cure rate even if it does persist. I assume you'll be under monitoring now by a centre somewhere which deals with the study of it? I had to send pee samples to a place in Sheffield each time I had a subsequent baby.

Anyway, best wishes to you, I know how frustrating molar pregnancy is, even after it has happened.

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies.. I am sorry I have not been on her in ages.. I think I was in denial again! Back to earth with a bang today.. I am going for a final blood test Friday week which I expect to be normal.. I really am not sure what the future holds baby wise.. feel low today.. but hopefully that will pass.. thanks again for all the words of support it means a lot, and I am sorry I was not on for so long... x x x x

I have just read this thread and wanted to wish you all the best :hug: x

Only a few days now to the last test.. and today my sister is due her baby! funny old world eh... hard to know what I am feeling.. I am not quite sad.. can't explain, feel kinda dull I guess... anyhoo.. Will post on Wednesday when I have test results from my last test.. and yeah, anyone who has keen eye will notice I had the day for the test wrong, its actually this wednesday not friday :) wonder will my sisters baby be born by then... ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back