period pain type pains at 36 wks - advice plz

rhian85

Reaction score
im 36 weeks and 2 days and have been getting irregular period pains under my bump since last night. any ideas what they could be ? is it a sign of early labour as baby is 3/5ths engaged at last check up a week ago ?

i wouldn't worry about it unless they become regular and more painful .
irregualr tightening are common at this stage in pregnancy and its just your womb practising for the big day.
Is baby moving about as much? :)

Period pains are normal as budgeas said also about this time your cervix will be slowly thinning and dilating to get ready for the big event, if they get more regular and painful ring and ask your MW

Yep i have been having them since 35 weeks odd...i wouldnt worry unless they become regular and more painful.

Cas x

Ive been feeling like a period is about to start too, feels horrible, glad I know it aint coming just yet though lol...Period pains are normal, not sure what they mean though.

Hello,

I have been to see my midwife today about this very thing... I am only 29 weeks but have felt as if I was "going to come on " for a week now with some quite intense cramps...... midwife has said it is the baby moving into the pelvis and the stretching of the uterus... she said not to worry unless the pains get worse or if they are accomapnied by bleeding..

Not much help I am afraid but it made me feel happier about the whole thing!

Lyndsey

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back