period pain carmaps

LittleL

Reaction score
hi all,

just a quick-ish one - im 29 weeks pregnant and for the past two days, i've started getting period pain like cramps and its seems to be getting slightly worst. I've been taking paracetomol to help ease the cramp which seems to help but im abit concerned about it..

I havent had cramp like this since first trim, which was implant cramps and only lasted a day or two - is it normal to have this cramping period pain at this stage or do you think i should speak to doc/MW??

Im currently on antibiotcis for UTI so im not sure if these cramps are even relating to that?!? what do you lot think?

laura x

sorry dont no what 'carmaps' is?!?!!!! lol

suppose to obviously read 'cramps' !!

Sorry hun I'm not sure but my guess it would be the uti. I'd defo call your mw though to be on the safe side x

Hey hon, some cramping is normal I would say but if a couple of days and ur needing to take paracetamol, it might be worth a call to the mid-wife for your own peace of mind. Most likley stretching I would say tho x x x

i did think it might just be stretching pains etc but i've had that all the way through my pregnancy and this is a different kinda pain. Its more lower down, all round my lower back and feels like period pain cramps... your right, maybe ill just give MW a call and see what she says.

Thanks lovlies! x

hey :D think if i was getting anything like that i would speak to midwife and just monitor, dont think a uti would make you cramp like that, but you never know i guess! x

Hey hun, have you spoken to midwife yet? I get the odd cramp but not consistent like yours!

It could just be your pelvis moving now that your further on but best to get checked to be safe hun!

Did you get checked out hun or did they stop?

hi all, phoned the MW but couldnt get through to her so left a voicemail and she still hasnt got back to me...

anyway, the cramps have dyed down abit since friday so i think i'll just keep an eye on it and if it gets worst then i'll go to the doctor or try and call my MW again *rolls eyes*

thanks all xx

Wow, that's really bad of the MW!! If I ring the number for my local team you get to speak to a midwife within the hour, even if it's not urgent.
Hope the cramps were just another one of those 'pregnancy things' and they die down :)

well i have her mobile number which i called and also the MW office number and left messages for both, so im abit disappointed that i havent had a reply... all in all, my MW is excellent but this has annoyed me.

Anyway, thanks and i hope its just a pregnany thing aswell.

xx

The number I have for my MW says to only ring between 9 and 10 a.m =/ bit silly if I need to talk to her. So I ring the maternity unit normally they're alot more helpful. xXx

i actually just phoned my local hospital on the delivery ward and they told me they want me to come straight in and get checked over to be on the safe side - so off i go. will let you all know what they say

xxx

well went to the hospital last night and was rigged up to a heart monitor for 40 mins. I had to push a button everytime baby moved so they could monitor her movement aswell.. All was fine with that.

Took blood pressure and that was fine, nothing in urine sample (infection must have gone now which is good) and everything else seemed fine so i was sent home and told that if the pains get worst or if i get anymore spotting, then i have to go back. They thing it might just be the last symptoms of the UTI, although i still have the period pain like cramps today - think i'll just have to keep a check on it

xx

thats good all was fine hun. Keep an eye on it and make sure you go straight up if it gets worse x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back