Pelvic pain and mild contractions

BabyMaker

Reaction score
Yesterday I walked my son to pre-school and developed a super painful stitch on the left side of my bump. By the time I was walking home I was in absolute agony and what would normally be a 15 min walk took about 25! I got home, lied down and the pain eased. I googled it and lots of websites mentioned stretched/damaged ligaments. Anyone had this? After a while I started getting some irregular mild contractions on and off for the rest of the day with lots of BH in between. And my whole pelvis ached! Is this baby engaging? Didnt have any of this with my DS. I had no pains in the night (besides the usual hip ache) and today I walked the same journey and was absolutely fine - no stitch pain and no contractions. Body practicing? Argh frustrated!! :roll:
Feel like I'm back to the dreaded 2ww symptom spotting lol!
x

Ugh, sounds painful babymaker! I don't know about the contractions feeling, but I've had the mega stitch myself twice, both times on the left, going from the bump round to my back. Really took it out of me - I couldn't even speak to my partner! Took about two hours for it to ease off both times, with me just lying down and rubbing it the second time - a bath helped sort it out completely after that.
With that one, I'd been walking with partner from a hospital appointment to get back to the car - we'd been longer than expected and were worried about getting a ticket, so I walked brisker than I probably should have. The first time though, I was just on a long car journey back from the north east after dinner with partner's parents and hadn't done anything particularly strenuous... I could barely sit in the seat, it hurt so much!
I was going to question mw next appointment, but I don't have one for a couple of weeks yet. If you find out what it was all about for you, do let us know! I haven't had it happen for over a week now, but if it does again, I might just call mw!

Glad I'm not the only one! I have a mw appt next Thurs so I'll ask her then. One website suggested it could be baby engaging and with all the stretching it could cause a stitch like pain...? Who knows. I had something similar a few months ago (nowhere near as painful) but on the other side of the bump and the mw thought it was just where the placenta had attached and was a bit sore... But as it was on the other side this time I'm not sure anymore. Will let you know on thurs. My mw has gone on mat leave so I'll be seeing a different one. Hopefully an older one with more experience. x

Hey how are you doing now? Iv had cramps a lot recently thought they were just that but mw said it's probably bh. I didn't think it was as they say they don't hurt. Well my cramps have been pretty painful. X

Hope you get some answers from the mw! Maybe it is something to do with the head engaging... I've had a right old achy pelvis today now too o.o
I don't know when they're actually supposed to engage - you're a bit further along than me though babymaker! Let us know if you get that stitchy pain again too ;-)

Blueclass, im fine today but a fair bit of pressure down below so i assume she's engaged. Saying that, 2nd time round they can easily pop in and out of the pelvis so i dont think its a sign that anything is happening soon for me:-/
Sounds like your body is also practicing for the real deal. Just read your other post and hope you get the right answers next week.

Will do Yorkslass:thumbup: and let me know if you get it again and if you speak to someone.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back