Peanut butter

Wannabepreggers

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wondered if you were allowed to eat peanut butter coz i freaking love the stuff & so want to eat some now. I'm not sure but I don't thiink I will be.

I eat it. I'm ok. I think u just have to steer clear if there is a history of allergies in the family. hope so anyway lol x

iv never been told not to eat nuts or peanut butter so you go for it lol

I've given up peanuts and peanut butter for the pregnancy as I've heard that it can lead to a peanut allergy in the child. Not sure how true this is, but I thought I'd follow it anyway.

Latest guidelines say there's no need to avoid it :) Im sure the evidence is weak for suggesting it causes nut allergies :)

They use to say you couldn't eat peanuts ect but have recently said there are no proven facts to say that peanuts harm the pregnancy.

I know what you mean about wanting peanut butter. I was never mad on it but lately have mad cravings for it

my midwide says peanuts are ok unless you or babys father has an allergy lol although if you had one gods knows why you would eat them craving or no craving hahaha!! :rotfl:

I ate it. I was told it's fine unless there is a nut allergy in either family :)

Mmmh I really really want peanut butter now!!! x x

i was told to eat as much nuts as i could, good source of protein :D
and i LOVE pistachio's

I was told not to eat peanuts or peanut butter with my daughter as her dad had ashma and heyfever which can be triggered by eating peanuts. I have had peanut butter once in this pregnancy but have managed to steer away from it even tho in my last pregnancy i wanted it loads but couldnt have any x

Mmmmmmmm reeses pieces are gorgeous!!!! Right that's it, I'm making chocolate brownies with White choc pieces and pistachios!!!! LOVE pistachios!!!!! x x x

Hmm now I fancy some mixed nuts after reading that.... time to send the OH to tesco i thinky :)

No fair :-( my brother is allergic to peanuts so my midwife told me not to eat them in pregnancy. What did my OH go and do? Buy some Reeses Cups :cry:

I'm the same as Becks, I heard that you shouldn't eat nuts in pregnancy if there was history of allergy in the family so I'm going to steer clear.

My Hubby has hayfever, my neice has assma, and my daughter had terrible excma as a baby till she was 3 and had to be wrapped in tubigrip bandages and cream permenatly till it went.

Should be ok for most, just a precaution for me

Last edited:
I have been eating peanut butter by the jar load and don't intend on stopping. I am craving pate like you would not believe although I think its only because I know I can't have it..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back