Peanut butter, peanuts etc

TeeUK

Reaction score
I am really wanting some peanut butter on toast...I had it every morning for brekkie before I got pregnant and I really miss it.....do you think it would hurt?

I did a bit of reading and it says it's up to the mother as there is no concrete proof either way...however I do have asthma so I'm wondering if that makes a difference.

I also really want some dry roasted peanuts for xmas..yum yum lol

Any of you girls been eating nutty stuff?

I still have peanuts it's only if u have a nut allergy in ur family I thought xxx

I was told to steer clear if there was a nut allergy in the family luckily in mine there isnt so im just eating them in small quantities x

I asked the antenatal nurse the same question yesterday.
She said as long as I don't have an allergy, nuts are very good to eat because they are high in protein.

I'd hate to have to stop eating nuts! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Department of Health current guidance says you can eat them unless there's a history of allery in the family. I've eaten peanut butter..it's all I could stomach a few weeks ago! Interestingly women in Asia eat a lot of peanuts and don't give up in pregnancy and there are barely ny peanut allergies in Asia

Thanks girls.....hmmm my mum says her brother has a nut allergy along with egg, fish, milk, the list goes on...the only thing I'm allergic too is animals and dust I sneeze and come out in hives....not quite sure what to do but the more I think about it the more I want lol

I'm love peanut butter so made sure I checked I could still eat it and my midwife said it was fine :) xxx

a peanut isnt a nut its a legume im not eating them cause im allergic but i eat actual nuts hazel.brazil ect but no peanut products are allowed in my house and the oh always looks longingly at the peanut butter and peanut m&ms.well he can look but he cant touch mwahahahaha.

I got told when pregnant last time to avoid peanuts if there was a family history of asthma,eczema, hay fever or Other allergy as peanuts can bring out this part in the baby. I have asthma and oh hay fever so avoiding them wasn't too much hardship!

I have been avoiding them as I have asthma, but nearly ate a whole box of tracker bars over the past few days not even thinking the main ingredient is peanuts Lol baby brain...

I spoke to my friend who is a mother of two & she said in America they encourage you to eat peanuts when pregnant to stop your baby having a nut allergy but this country used to be the opposite. Now there's no evidence either way. Bit weird, I'd love to gorge on a massive bag of peanut m&ms right now & make my lovely satay chicken - main ingredient peanut butter!! Hmmmm xx

My bf said surely to make someone build up immunity to something you need to give it a little...makes sense...but I'm still not sure

I am allergic to peanuts and the thing is, the more you come in contact with them the more heightened the allergic response. So rather than building an immunity, it gets more dangerous x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back