Passing out/Fainting with Sickness

NATALIE81

Reaction score
Hi All

Are any of you getting your morning sickness so bad at all times of day and night and either feeling like your going to pass out and then vomit or pass out first and then vomit once come round? is this normal? my midwife says its not uncommon and that eating little and often and ginger will help, it doesn't seem to be helping me at all!!

Any suggestions?

xxx

Hi hun :) Not sure how many weeks you are?

Towards the end of my First Trimester I was diagnosed with hypoglaecaemia in which my blood sugars plummetted. I got the whole sick feeling/going to pass out especially when I was out and about.

I was given a blood sugar monitor and told to monitor it throughout the day and write it down in a book they gave me.

Eating was the only thing that kept it stable

I'm 11 wks 4 days pregnant at the moment, my relationship with food is awful as i don't fancy eating anything as i feel sick but then i force myself to eat a little and then instantly feel sick or throw up. I'm dreading meal times at the moment its causing me stress just thinking about it as then i panic that because i'm not eating much and then throwing it up that theres not enough nutrients going to the baby. I have my 12 week scan a week today and am just so nervous that its not developed enough because of my sickness.

you might have a bug, my neice whos 10 she had the sickness bug and she was fainting then being sick when she was coming around. baby will be find tho just keep drinking fluids x

thought id add it might just be where you cant eat as low blood sugar levels as mamafy said. try eating biscuits before you get up out of bed x

Last edited:
I feel sick and faint most of the time but haven't vomited. I'd speak to mw again if you're concerned, she should be able to reassure you. I hope you feel better soon honey!

hugs, i know how you r feeling i had bad sickness and felt awful, i just couldnt keep anything down apart from water it feels like it will never end, but you will feel better soon, just keep thinking that your only a few weeks from 14 weeks and thats when it starts to ease for most people xxxxx

I find nibble constanstly on grapes, small chunks of orange or yellow pepper, carrot sticks and little cheese cubes really helps, especially at work when you cant run to the loo and make chucking sounds without getting rumbeled!

I hope you feel better soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back