parentcraft classes

kindred86

Reaction score
ok so i'm meant to start going to parentcraft classes next wednesday but i was wondering what people who have taken them actually think about them?
they are only having them for 3 weeks at my clinic the midwife said that the first hour of the first class is the best as it tells you all about pain relief and positions during labour (she actually thinks she can change my mind for a c-section lol)
if the midwife thinks thats the best part im wondering what the rest is like???

omg why does she want u 2 hav a section? she has 2 hav a good reason, naughty midwife!
tbh i didnt find the parentcraft classes that useful. but it wont harm 2 go if u nothing else on.

she doesn't want me to have one i want one i had a very long four day stay in hosp and was put in the ward with everyone in the early stages of labour and im not a fan of pain and they were all in agony - put me right off id rather have constant pain of a c-section it would just be replacing the back pain i get now so wouldn't be too bad lol
im half asleep right now should be having a nap but gotta go see the bank manager lol i dont think i'll make it through the meeting which is why i mis-typed from into for lol soz

well its worth going i think my classes were useless but some people have found them helpful

As for labour altough you ar ein pain it is a dfferent kind of pain , its hard to put into words but it feels like it is for a reason other than just to know you are in pain.

You may also have a very quick labour mine was only 2 hours and my first.

I thought my Parentcraft classes were very informative, it was better than getting the information and advice from a book, and it gives you a chance to ask questions. Mine were run by NHS midwives.

I thought mine were the biggest load of old toot and refused to go to the last few, they were dreafully bad, no information what so ever just stupid games and what were our opinions type thing....would point blank refuse to ever go to anymore with subsequent pregnancies.

I have to admit that watching a midwife push a plastic doll through a jumper sleeve was amusing but didnt really prepare me for the 'ring of fire' but watching the hubby on gas and air was definetly worth it but as for finding them useful.....about as useful as a chocolate teapot :wink:

I've only had 3 sessions - Baby Basics, Labour Workshop and Breastfeeding Workshop. They were run by our local SureStart centres and the people leading them were health visitors and midwifes.

I thought they were ok, gave a chance to ask questions and ask other mums-to-be what they are thinking etc, but I found that from being on this forum and reading a lot of the replies in the Ask a Mum, Announce Your New Arrival birth stories and Trimester sections, I knew more than the other women there did anyway.

well I went to my first class on wednesday all about relaxing during labour - like im gonna remember to do any of that i can barely remember what time i put things in the oven at just now lol if anyone on here uses the drumchapel health centre as thier antenatal clinic please go to the next class!! it was just me and a lovely friendly couple who are due in two weeks time (praying that thier child does not arrive early so im not left alone in the classes - they are far to early in the morning for me and id rather not have to answer all the questions myself)

I think my ones were crap... it was last summer and was bakin they had 13 heavily pregnant women and there partners in a tiny room only to be told what i already knew or had read.

But i would go to one and see how you get on... yours could be better than mine :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back