antenatal classes

kirlykird

Reaction score
sorry for gate crashing again, I'm not due in here until next Thur but was just wondering how far gone were you all when you started your antenatal classes/parentcraft?

Did any of you actually not bother?

I really want to do them as I had c section last time and so want to go naturally this time, did any of you find them useful?

Any advise will be gratefully received :D

I did the NCT classes and found them to be fantastic - mostly because I met a really lovely group of people - we're all still very close now and meet each week.

The NHS ones were less useful to me because I'd covered everything already with the NCT class, but we did get a tour of the maternity ward at the hospital which was good.

LBxx

mine start on the 10th so soon, but im not sure what their gonna be like. i'll have to let you know x

We did the NCT classes too and they were brilliant. Learnt loads and met some really nice people. All the girls are meeting for coffee on Weds so it's great for that side of things. L x

I didn't bother with them. I think you can find out the info in books or over the internet. They weren't really at a good time for me either. I think it is just personal preference.

I know other people (including my brother) found the NCT classes useful, but my midwife basically said the NCT ones were a waste of money! Was quite surprised about that.

I think whatever is going to make you feel more confident is great.

i went to mine at 34 weeks, i think they have a purpose but you only get told certain info basically what that trust does, i think if you go you should do some reading of your own afterwards just to make sure your totally clued up on everything. the pain relief bit was useful as it raised issues you didnt always find in the books

i have to say our one day!! that ended up being 10- bearly 3 o'clock was a useless waste of time but i imagine it varies very much from area to area. :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back