Panorama: the missing children

Urchin

Reaction score
I'm watching this now, it's shocking!

Panorama
Mon 2 Jul, 8:30 pm - 9:00 pm 30mins

The Missing Children: John Sweeney investigates the story of Nicky and Mark Webster, whose first three children were taken into care in 2003 following allegations of cruelty.

A judge in the Family Court has ruled that the Websters can keep their fourth child after her first three children were taken into care. Now, new medical evidence has raised poor nutrition (through a GP prescribing the wrong soya milk!!) as a possible cause of the fractures seen in the child's xrays and Norfolk County Council no longer claims either parent caused the damage.

There can be no happy reunion with their other three children, however, as they have been adopted into other families.

So they can't get their kids back! Even though the case against them has been dropped cos they have found evidence they did nothing wrong!!!

i watched that too hun, it was horrible i couldnt imagine ever going through that, my heart goes out to them :hug:

im so glad they got to keep brandon (i think that was his name) in the end.

Made me cry :cry:

iv seen this, its awful isnt it???

i dont think theres anythin bad happenin in that family, poor couple, and parents that abuse their kids get to keep them :x :x :x

i totally agree with you MK. I cant believe an innocent family have to go through all that and then find out the case is dropped whilst others get away with harming children.

:x :x :x :x

I didn't watch it, but it sounds awful! Don't they have to get the parents permission to put someones kids up for adoption?

Becks&Riley said:
not if they're taken away lol

I thought they could only put them in foster care without parents permission...

meh i dunno i just thought once they think you've done sommentk bad then all ur rights as a parent etc are banished?

Becks&Riley said:
meh i dunno i just thought once they think you've done sommentk bad then all ur rights as a parent etc are banished?

Maybe your right :think: I haven't got a clue how these things work, I just assumed!!!

same lol..
but we dont have 2 worry about that our children will never get taken :)

Becks&Riley said:
same lol..
but we dont have 2 worry about that our children will never get taken :)

Yeah but I bet that family who did nothing wrong thought that :?

I dunno what i'd do if kieran schmieran head was taken away from me :cry:

I dont think theres any fear of my riley not growin lmfao
shes a riiite chubbers

haha i would be distraught if some1 took her
spesh if she was kidnapped i'd hire a hit man

Basically they convince parents that if they don't put the children up for adoption they will live forever in foster care or children's homes as they're never coming back to them, so a lot of parents sign for adoption in the hope that their children can at least be kept together in a settled home.

libs said:
Basically they convince parents that if they don't put the children up for adoption they will live forever in foster care or children's homes as they're never coming back to them, so a lot of parents sign for adoption in the hope that their children can at least be kept together in a settled home.

That's so sad :(

There was a case a few years back (cant remember if it was here or in the us) where a mother got imprisoned for murdering 2 of her babies and had their other child taken off them. The babies had both died of cot death, and some "expert witness" doctor stood in court and said the chance of 2 babies dying of cotdeath in the same household was like a billion to one or something. That was proven to be incorrect, eventually after he wrecked thier lives, and he was banned from being an expert witness ever again, but that poor woman - not only did they lose 2 precious babies to cotdeath, but she then got accused of murdering them, sent to prison (I think it was something like 7 years she done?) and lost her other kids. The marriage didnt survive either.

It makes me sick to the stomach that this kind of thing can still happen in the modern world :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back