Stupid day trippers *gah*

zebrastripes

Reaction score
It has started.

Today as I walked past the beach, there they were. Day trippers and their barbecues.
Anyone who lives in the countryside will know what I mean. Nobody minds 99% of the people visiting an area, in our case due to the fact we are surrounded by gorgeous beaches etc, as most of them are decent people, out for the day, who respect the countryside and want to take care of it as much as the natives do. :lol: But seriously, there's always that 1% isn't there?
Who leave gates open when they cross fields expecting the cattle to shut them behind them.
Who leave their barbecues burning near a nice big tinder dry whinbush
who drop litter everywhere
Whose children run up to you as you're trying to lunge your horse on the beach and scream CAN I HAVE A GO ON YER HORSIE
Who park all the way down our verge so WE can't get OUR car out of the gate.

Seriously, from September to April you won't get anyone down here. it's bleak, desolate, and freezing and you can only love it if you live here.
Then suddenly in May, it becomes popular again. Which is great for local revenue but honestly, some people just think the countryside is there for their own personal entertainment, they don't stop to think it may be some people's homes and livelihood.

As I'm writing this some people have walked past and chucked what looks like a wrapper of some sort into the sheep's field opposite. They wouldn't do it in the town, so why out here? :wall:

Don't get me wrong, most of the visitors down here are lovely, we've often met people down for the day and they've come round for a cup of tea or something. The small minority of idiots, however, do tend to wreak massive havoc :twisted:

zebrastripes said:
They wouldn't do it in the town, so why out here?

That's the thing though, I bet they would... :shakehead:

I thought you meant day trippers on the canals then by the title :rotfl: I was getting ready to let off some steam :shhh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back