Panicking about Amber going in her own room

amzhunny

Reaction score
Hey all,

probably very irrational i know but we are planning to put amber in her own room very soon - i am worried about doing this and keep making excuses.

It is so comforting to look over to her when wake up during the night and know that she is ok, i am so worried that something will happen when she is on her own. SHe wakes a couple of times during the night and stirs and sometimes just wants her dummy.

ARgh!!

Has anyone else felt like this before?

ah hun :hug: We put Charlotte in her own room quite early for variuos reasons and i was worried i wouldnt hear her etc etc. I can hear her very clearly even when she just squeaks ( i am sleeping badly) but honestly it is normal to feel like you do.

SHe will be ok but do things at your own pace :hug:

Definitely normal.

We transferred our DD at 5 months on NY day and she's slept brilliantly since. I am doing much better than I thought too - I do miss her, but its given us space in our bedroom back (moses basket is packed away) and her bedroom feels more like hers if you know what I mean.

Valentine Xxx

yeah i know what u mean....

going to sort her room out on sunday and see how it goes

I felt just the same as you do, DH kept telling me not to be silly and that I was not to worry and that Grace needed to be in her own room........

first night Dh hardly slept and got up 3 times to check on her while I slept right through :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

But I have to say - if Grace makes the slightest noise I can hear her and am up checking on her ........

relax........ and having your bedroom back :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

yeah i feel the same, we were thi nking of putting Evan in his own room this week, but im getting cold feet. DH says theres no rush and we can wait a bit longer if I want. but ive got to do it sometime and as Dh is on holiday from work this week, we can afford to lose a bit of sleep.

I'm no way ready to put Clark in his own room yet, he's a bit younger than Amber I knw, but I will be putting it off as long as I can and I felt reassured when my aunty who's a peadeatrician (sp?) said that is now recommended that you keep babies in your room with you a little longer (she said 6-8 months) because by that age when they wake up they are more capable of self soothing and can be less anxious about you not being there? Don't know if thats any help but it might give you another excuse to keep her with you!

Well biting my lip i did put amber in her room and it was so wierd i know she was only next door but the comfort of lookng to the side and seeing her was not there!

But to be honest I was a little more relaxed than OH he kept checking her and i was the one saying she'll be ok, or shes fine stop fussing!!! haha.

Well its going good so far....Amber has actually had a few nights of not waking at all and a few nights of waking and just needing her dummy back..so i think it was the right time to have moved her! x

glad it went well hun :hug:

were moving soon and mia will have her own room..Im scared about this too :(...she should be about 5 months hopefull when we move..

Am going to get one of those movement mats i think..always said i wouldnt..but im scared :( :( :oops: :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back