Panic Attacks

MrsBrightside

Reaction score
Hiya

I have suffered from panic attacks for some years now, at my worst I couldn't leave the house but managed to get myself out that hole.. recently I have been feeling the same again, feeling panic coming on in certain places (waiting in ques, places I haven't been b4, busy shopping centers etc etc) im not saying this is everyday and have always been told they would never go away totally but I would learn to control them, lately I seem to be finding it harder and harder to cope with!!

I am just worried that im getting worse again and dont know what to do... last time I took no meds just made myself do it but this time I dont feel like ive got the fight?? Im worried that im going to get pregnant and not get any better.. I spoke to the Dr about it and he said either go back to speak to somebody about it again (which I dont wanna do cause surely they have taught and told me everything they can) take meds (which I really didnt wanna do since im TTC and did it without meds last time) or wait and see how it goes when I get pregnant and how my frame of mind is then cause he seems to think that it will make me "buck my ideas" up and do it for the baby rather then me....

I just dont know what to do for the best now and dont wanna let myself get back down again...

Does anyone else suffer from them and how do u combat the problem??

thanks in advance

xx xx xx xx xx

I suffer from them really badly, but the only way i found i could cope was with meds tbh. Kalms herbal tablets are good but i am pretty sure they are more of a placebo and i also used to have this stuff you put drops of on your tounge when u feel panicky. Obv. the biggest trick is not to avoid places that make you feel worried. I'm sure you know all this anyway! Oh and also i use an elastic band on my wrist to ping everytime i feel one coming on.

I get them to hun, in fact I'm seeing the doctor in the morning about them, I don't know what we can do about them cos I'm ttc same as you, and therefore I don't want to take any drugs.

I had a bad one on thursday but managed to hold one off on sunday with deep breathing but it took about 5 hours, at one point I thought I might as well have let it happen as it would have been over with by then! :wall:

I'll let you know what my doctor says tomorrow.

Saw the doctor today, he didn't suggest anything for the panic attacks, it was just about preventing the cause so sorry I can't suggest anything for you :(

I was a sufferer and I think the best thing that worked for me was Cognitive Behaviour Therapy which was from a referral to a mental health team.

When I had CBT they encourage you not to avoid situations as it actually makes it worse. Breathing properly is always really good.

I never took medication but did use Rescue Remedy or Kalms.

Are you a smoker?

this sounds really silly but some people have a caffeine intolerance so it causes palpitations which can trigger panic attacks.
Do you drink coffee?

i dont have panic attacks but iv heard hypnotherapy can help?? and deep breathing but i guess youve tried that?

I do drink alot of tea ?? which is just as bad as coffee.

I have tried kalms and bacs remedy stuff b4 and found that they really didnt help that much!!!

I know what ya saying about avoiding the situation but I did that last time and ended up getting worse and pretty much didnt leave the house for a year. I dont wanna get like that again. Sometimes I dont feel that bad and then other times as soon as Lee wants to go somewhere I can feel myself starting. Im ok if I go some where and can get back to the car if I start to feel poorly. Dont liek ques and the heat at the min is making me feel worse.. I just wanna get this sorted b4 I have a baba to look after and hospital appointments etc etc

Hiya there is help available for you. I suffered for quite a few years but as said before Cognitive Behaviour Therapy work, Ive also had hypnotherapy. Have a look at this http://www.theanine.co.uk/, this is apparently ment to be brilliant for anxiety, etc alot of people swear by it. I have bought some but as of yet have not taken any as touch wood I havent had the need yet.

Please feel free to pm me as I totally understand. :hug:

thanks for everybody's help and support I just dont want it to get as bad as it was last time, I will take a look at some of you suggestions and see if I can put any of them in place

I know ive been told about the elastic band on the wrist as poochielove says and haven't tried that so I will give that a go.

Its so dam annoying :(

I had severe panic attacks after having my first son I had counselling and they showed me breathing exercises which helped.

I used to use Rescue Remedy (still do occasionally if I feel a bit panicky) and that helped.

Im pushing myself to try and get this under hand before it goes boobs up again for me.... I wont let it beat me, its nice tho to be able to talk about it with ppl who have them cause they understand... when ya say I have panic attacks because of what ever some ppl look at you like your daft!!!

I've been a sufferer for years which affects me greatly when being outside and being around people. I was housebound to the point that I couldn't even go near the front door without getting into a panic. Although I am not at that stage anymore I still get it badly from time to time and I am still unable to get a job because of this. I am also still housebound but I am more willing to leave the house if I have someone I trust with me. If I am on my own I can't do it.

The only advice I can give is possibly try talking to someone about it. I can understand that you don't want to try the meds. I am off my meds at the moment due to the pregnancy but that was a personal choice. There are mild anti-depressants you can take that won't affect you TTC.

At my worst I wouldn't leave the house as well, im not AS bad now, so understand how u feel, its so much easier talking to some one who's feeling the same as you... I have good days like your saying where I can go out with someone I trust and providing I can come away home when I feel that panic feeling coming along....

Do the meds work?? and what were u taking if u dont mind me asking?? ive always been scared to try them and have always wanted to do it myself but at the min I just wanna feel normal thou. I sometimes watch ppl walking around without a care in the world and wish I could be like that ALL of the time not just some of the time :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back