Panic Attacks?

cocoflakes

Reaction score
I use to have panic attacks in my first and second year at high school, very mild and i didnt know what it was - i thought i couldnt breathe - I'd try and take massive deep breathes and it feels like its getting stuck in my chest and then after trying loads you get a big breathe and its a huge relief.

After seeing a few doctors and hearing nothing was wrong, finally we went to hospital and he said it was panic attacks and to count backwards or breathe into a paper bag, these didnt work but eventually they stopped.

Ive not had them since then until a few days ago, i think it was just before i did my final pregnancy test (i took 3 to be sure) and since then ive been having this feeling again, its really frustrating because i know i am breathing, i know i am getting enough breath but it feels horrid because it feels like im not.

I dont have any idea why this is happening because i'm happy about my pregnancy and not panicking, its what we wanted so I dont understand, anyone?? whats going on?? x

I'd go to the docs hun and they might be able to help x

Hey hun, I also suffer from panic attacks. What you're describing sounds like anxiety to me, I get that feeling when I'm stressed or feeling really down and it's like I need to have an attack to release the emotion but it doesn't come (hope this makes sense!). Or on a completely different note, our bodies are producing way more blood than normal and our heart has to work harder to get it pumped around and it could leave you with the same feeling. Sorry I'm not more help just bouncing ideas around!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back