Worried about having a panic attack in labour

Wilson28

Reaction score
Hi all

Ive recently started with panic attacks before i knew i was pregnant, also ended up in hospital as i was put into SVT which his a very fast heart beat, it was 176 for 3hrs.
If i sit snd think about labour i panic like hell and start gettin myself worked up :( does any1 else suffer from panic attacks too, i really dont want to get myself worked up xx

I used to suffer from panic attacks terribly and I have been gradually been able to talk my self out of them before they started. Mine all started when I was about 16 but I haven't had a full blown panic attach for years, my main issue was anxiety and they could be triggered by anything which made me feel very jittery and out of sorts. I have managed to change that now by reading a book called "the Healing Codes" which my mum bought me in Jan this year. So bearing in mind I have been suffering from panic attacks and anxiety for 17 years, I started doing the healing Code exercises and within a couple of days my body kind of re coded itself and I have not felt anxious ever since. It has really blown my mind.

Google "The Healing Codes" and find out whether it would be useful to yourself, but I can say it worked for me.

xx

Awe thanks hun, ill look at it, had bad attacks recently which also triggered anxiety as i worried about my heart, health, life and all the flood gates just opened then xx

I was going to say have you looked into hypnobirthing?!!? xx

Have a look into Margaret Howell's natal hypnotherapy programme, google it. It's a cd and book combo that trains you for complete relaxation during labour and birth. I used it and it was amazing. I had a 22 hour labour and using these techniques the only pain relief required was 15mins of gas and air and it was a calm and beautiful (still painful) experience

I ended up in a&e last night after another panic attack :( xx

I know how you feel hun i suffer with them so bad that i find it hard to go anywhere from home and cant really go out im not so scared about the labour as im doing hypnobirthing so will hopefully be focused bit its the hospital stay afterwards that i wont be able to cope with, have a word with your midwife they have put me through to a a organisation with the nhs that try ways to help you cope like cbt and other methods although it hasnt helped me it might help you, personally i will be going though hypnotherapy before the end of my pregnancy but this can be very expensive but its my last option as i have tried many things xx

Hi chick,

They are scary arnt they :( midwife said i could be getting them with all the hormones putting pressure on my body and the lack of sleep.
I start my cbt next week, hope it works as i have a very wondering mind :( how far are u xx

I've suffered with them for years and did suffer one in my last labour.
They are hard to control but agree with the girls, maybe try some natal hypnotherapy xx

im really worried i keep getting anxious and freeking out when im out i sweat feel dizzy and just wanna run away. i keep thinking ill have one in labour and after i have the baby :(

I think pregnsncy is a very anxious time, have u tried deep breathing and counting to ten xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back