Pains... do they ever end?

Do the physical pains of pregnancy ever end?! I've been getting the 'normal' twinges of what I guess is stretching and my SPD but today I've had some really nasty pains and feels like there is something punching my cervix or something inside near there. Got lots of pulling and tearing pains - one of which made me cry in pain and start crying (like a sissy) :(

Any clues anyone? Driving me nuts now :roll:

hi hun, your not alone, i have been getting bad pains and aches for a couple of days now.

its your womb and you ligaments stretching, you are feeling it more tho coz of your SPD which must be terrible :(

after the growth spurt it will prob die down for a while, but then it will start again.

everyone is diffrent so this might not be that, its just what is happening to me right now

My SPD I'm kind of used to (althogh still hurts!) but its not that. Flipping hurts this!! :roll: You know where your the crease between your leg and pubic area is? The tearing pain is there. Guessing thats a ligament stretching!

Cor! Wish this baby would stop growing for one day to gimme a rest :lol: Don;t get me wrong - I love beign pregnant - this is just alot harder work than I originally thought! :shock: :D

Hi Sami,

I get that alot, it hurts really bad.
The amount of times i was in hospital with Amy cos of the pains was untrue and everytime they told me it was ligaments!! they are a pain in the bum.

Your SPD- do you go to physio for it, i have it again and its a lot worse this time than with Amy, i have been referred to the maternity physio but i just wondered what they do.
Mine gets that bad that some days when i try to walk i get a shooting pain in my hip and my legs go, and i cant walk!!

:( :( :( :(

Mine is like that sweetheart. I couldn't tell you what they do. Well I was referred over a month a go but due to my hospital (milton keynes) being a bunch of useless tos*ers (Sorry I really hate MK hospital) they haven't given me an appt date yet and tell me 'I have to wait my turn as you're not priority'.

I guess there are people out there who are in more agony than me but how many - come on?! I can barely walk, my hips give way all the time, I can barely drive except when I really have to, I cant sit too long, I cant stand too long, I cant make love with my partner as it's too painful, my hips lock at night and then the constant pain and aches?
Clearly not a priority at all :roll:

Can't be too much longer now I hope.

Hi Sami,

Thanks for replying.
its nice to have someone to share it with. i got a lette through on the 29th July to say to ring and make an appointment, i rang and she cant fit me in til the 13th sep!! we only have 1 maternity physio in our hospital!!

Making love is a no, walking too far is a no, sleeping on either side is a no, sitting too long is a no too- what a restricted life i lead!!!

Some people end up on crutches at the end of it.

i'm a bit worried though as when i was having Amy i couldn't open my legs too wide and as a result her shoulders got stuck- if this one is worse i hope they dont plan a C section!

Yeah I was warned about a c-section. I hope not. I started getting it early at about 11 weeks and I'm not a happy camper 6 weeks later!!

I dont know how many physio's we have in our hospital - probably one who is off half the time :lol: I have to apprently wait for an appt to come thorught he post to me. I'm fed up of waiting now. Really considering paying for one (with invisible money mind you) I'm getting that desprate!

Yeah i know how you feel,
i rang my midwife the other day as the pain was that bad, to see if there was anything else i could do and she said that i should have got one sooner, BUT hey ho i will just have to wait.

Do you have to have time off work with it?

I haven't worked since I was 5 weeks PG due to severe morn sickness at first and now with this. dont think i'll be going back to work at all now.

Are you working or are you full time mum to Amy at the mo? x

I work part time, 1.30-5.30 which isn't much, the biggest problem i face is my mum has Amy, i cant drive and neither can she so i have to walk her there, its only a 20 mins walk but at the mo its taking me 45 mins to walk there! then i have to get the bus to work and walk through the town centre to get to my work place.
Its alot of walking- Andy works too far away to come home to run me so i have been putting up with it, but i am getting worse and can see this becoming a problem.

I find that too. I can walk a short distance but it takes me twice as long as it did before. Any idea's when you might give up the job or maybe stick it out till maternity starts?

i'm gonna try my best to stick with it, but if it gets to the point where i am in that much pain, i will get signed off.

hay sami i didnt realise how close we are i only live in rugby a 20 drive from you!!! how you feeling havent spoke to you for ages!!! just got back of holiday it was lovely being with OH but his sister came to and ruined the whole thing my an OH couldnt be closer but because of her his mum has stopped speaking to him and his other sister has too! i will fill you in if you want dont want to bore you but is total jerry springer S***!!!!!

Liann and Sweetpea

Ps - can feel the baby moving now can you??-

Hey yeah I can!!! It's so nice to feel the flutters. Does feel like yiu have wind sometimes but due to the amount it happens I very much doubt it is :lol: Been feeling it for about 3 weeks now, started very few movements a day, if any, but now it's daily and I love it!

PM the Jerry Springer stuff! I'd love to listen to ya :)

I had physio today for the first time (HOORAH!) and my pelvis was out of line but she pulled and poke and has tried to even it out a bit but I have to go back in 3 weeks time and for the rest of my pregnancy and probbaly after. I am too small for a maternity belt at the moment! But should get one later on whren I get a bit bigger. I have lots of excercises to do too. Pelvic floor seems to be key and lots of rest.

No hoovering, decorating, lifting heavy stuff (washing), no going up and down stairs more than I absolutely have to. Sit on my bum basically! Going to still do a little walking each day just to keep a little bit of fitness. Even if it's just a 10 minute walk to the bottom or the road and back or something.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back