Painful Hip/Top of Leg

Rosie's Mummy

Reaction score
I sleep on my left side and over the last week, my left hip or more precisely where the top of my leg bone meets my hip, is really sore, its making my limp in the mornings and instead of wearing off like it usually does today its still painful.
Anyone think its because of stretchy ligaments? I darent think about anything else as I had problems with my hips in my last pregnancy..:roll:

Am seeing my midwife on the 22nd Feb.

Could you try sleeping on your right side or putting a duvet folded up under you, on top of the mattress? Sometimes I get a bit sore just from the pressure (pre-pregnancy) if I didn't move much during the night (which was and is very unusual for me), worth a mention if you've had a history though. I've got my physio appointment the same day for my pelvis.

I do sleep for short periods on my right side but Im more comfortable with my bump being on my left - plus its the best side to sleep on for blood flow to the placenta apparently. I might try putting something under it tonight and see if it helps - fingers crossed - for your neck too :)

ignoring it doesn`t make it go away, could be a nerv infection or msthing

I should have updated this; since sleeping with a frim pillow between my knees the pain has disappeared, if I forget the pillow then the pain returns so Im confident Im doing the right thing now :)

It sounds very much like SPD which I developed at 24 weeks when I was pregnant with DS. Had some days when I was fine but ended up doing too much walking and stuff then was stiff and painful for a few days after...simple painkillers were recommended by my GP and I was told by a physio that I should consider gentle exercise such as pilates and yoga to help th muscle stretching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back