Leg / hip pain.......... what is it?

ASD123456

Reaction score
Hello,

Well the last couple of days I've ben getting a pain in my right hip/ leg. It's not a constant pain and only happens sometimes when I'm walking.

It's hard to desrcibe but it's on the inside of right leg, very close to where my leg meets my body. It doesn't feel like a bone kind of pain, it's more like my hip is popping out of the socket and the ligament is pulling. It hurts a lot!

I'm worried it's the onset of SPD or something, for those of you that have suffered with it, is this what you'd describe the pain like?

Alex xxx

that sounds exactly like me pain and in the same place and comes on for the same reason.

Your GP should be able to diagnose at the next visit. try to wear flat shoes in the mean time and rest where possible.

Sandi

i was just about to post that i have been getting this lately but only in my right leg? i just went shopping and it happened again? midwife is due later so i think i'll mention it to her

It does possibly sound like mild SPD - I've had something like this for about 10 weeks now....the pain is in my upper outer thigh, pretty much where the thigh bone connects with the hip bone. Been told it's the ligaments relaxing and possible onset of mild SPD. If it's of any help, it hasn't got any worse in the 10 weeks I've had it. I get it when walking up stairs and it wakes me at night when I've been lying ont hat particular side for too long.

Or, maybe you're just having an achey couple of days with any luck!

L xx

Sounds normal to me. Might be mild SPD but tbh, I've had this sort of thing on and off for ages and never bothered taking it further for treatment as its mild and I can get on with it fine.

Often also LO might be lying awkwardly on a nerve that travels down in to your leg hence it coming and go. Or ligaments softening and things moving a bit.

I got a terrible pain at the top of my left thigh on the inside on and off and walking hurt a bit, but it always passed and eased.

If it gets worse or does not let up I'd consider looking to further treatment possibly but otherwise chalk it up to pregnacy aches and pains.

Thanks for the replies girls.I'm hoping it's just a pregnancy discomfort and nothing more sinister but I will get it checked out if it gets worse or more frequent, I hope it doesn't!

On top of this little discomfort I've got an added waddle so I must look a right joke when I'm walking down the street :lol:

Alex xxx

No advice love i had a bit of hip pain the other day but that wass from doing my major 'operatation clean'

hope your leg and hip feel better soon love and if not ring your mid wife for advice

aww we all waddle now your not alone i look like a Mallard duck going down the street theses days :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

hugs from me :hug: :hug:

hello

i have had loads of back and hip pain but don't think it has been spd as i can still sprawl out my legs, i never took it further apart from massages and i do find if i overdo it gets worse, rest, baths and massage helps me but you kind of get used to everything stretching....
maybe mention to your midwife they can refer you for physio etc..
x

Does sound like how my spd started both times....Upper inner thigh and part of fangita.

Mine has got worse since it started this time though. But maybe that is because this is my second pregnancy with it.(started 35/36 last time. Started 24 weeks this time)

I hope it is just strain or something and that it will ease of dor you. SPD is a sh*tter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back