Pain

mrssmith2011

Reaction score
Hi guys I wonder if anyone could give me some advice please. I have been getting a sharp pain on my right hand side tonight. It hits for a few seconds and goes away then comes back half an hour or so later. Is it just the little one growing? (Sorry first pregnancy so I haven't got a clue).

Thank you Vicky xxx

I've been getting the odd pain here and there which I mentioned to my midwife today and she said it was quite common at about 18 weeks to get this down the left and right hand side something to do with the ligaments. Maybe you're feeling it a little early? If you're still worried best speak to your midwife Hun. Xx

I get this too but mines on my left side just under my ribs. It actually takes my breath away for a few seconds!! My 1st pregnancy too so no idea why. Sorry I can't help xx

Thanks Woldo. I'm not too worried as I haven't had any bleeding or anything. Thanks for the post Girly2007 at least I know it is not just me. You are due a couple of days before me :) xxxx

I've had a lot of aches and pains lately too - some quite sharp ones that have woke me up at night - I asked midwife about them and she said its normal and that its because of everything moving around in there - she also said though if I experienced very severe pain to contact immediately - so I think it's a judgment yourself really - I think you would know by the pain if something was wrong xxx

It's just ligament pain chick :) don't worry, it can be reaaaalllly painful and it has been known to stop me in my tracks! It's bloody awful, but normal :) xxx

Last edited:
Thanks Clareybell and Bbee. Just didn't have a clue. Thanks for the advice everyone :) xxx

I'm the same and one day had lots of sharp pains in one place. But never lasted long and ended in a dull ache but was fine the next day thankfully.

I don't think mine was helped by the fact I dtd the night before for the first time in ages. I think that must have moved things around too and added to the stretching ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back