Pain in ribs

Rachie

Reaction score
Hello All :wave:

Wondering if anyone can offer any help/point me in the right direction? Since being about 6 weeks pregnant I've had very bad pains in the left side of my ribs, just near the bottom rib cage.

I kind of assumed at first it was a trapped nerve or something - my Mum suggested it might be wind :oops: but it doesn't seem to have eased up, its there constantly and I'm now at 22 weeks without an end in sight!

Sometimes feels a bit like a stitch, I've been pressing on it and sometimes feel a little twitch further down my abdomen when I do this, but in general nothing seems to ease it :( I don't want to bother my GP if it's nothing, but at the same time it's getting to the point where I'm feeling pretty miserable all the time, purely because of this, it's a bit like water torture! I don't see my midwife for another two weeks and I don't think I can wait that long to resolve it :cry:

Any ideas? Anyone know how I might relieve the pain?

All help much appreciated :hug:

XX

I've had this pain too, on and off. Last night I had it for the entire night, in the exact same place on the left hand side at the bottom of my ribs. Nothing I do seems to ease it, like moving position etc. I asked my mom about it and she says it sounds like heartburn. I wouldn't worry about "bothering" your doctor, if you have a pain during pregnancy its always best to get it checked even if just to set your mind at rest. Can you phone your midwife and ask her about it rather than waiting for the appointment?

Good luck! :hug:

First thing I thought when I read your post was "stitch" but I thought those only came and went like on/off not all the time. :roll:

Maybe it's ligaments stretching with the uterus growing. I would definitely mention it to the MW when you see her next.

Unfortunately there's not much you can take for the pain apart from paracetemol but, if it is muscular, you could ask the pharmacist or MW if a muscle rub (deep heat) etc would be ok.
:hug:

Hi

I dont think there is much you can do maybe mention it to the mw :hug:
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member