Pain in nipple

Snuggle

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have had quite a sharp pain in one of my nipples today and it seems to have leaked clear liquid slightly :shock: I've tried looking it up to see if this is normal but dont sem to be able to find anything so am worrying that something is up with my right boob :?
Anyone had sharp pains in nipple area?

I was going to start a topic about the EXACT same thing lol!
Yesterday when I woke up I noticed my left boob had been leaking and today my nipple has been killing me!! It kinda feels like it's on fire and my bra feels like sandpaper.

I found this on another site..........

Your breasts produce colostrum beginning during pregnancy and continuing through the early days of breastfeeding. This special milk is yellow to orange in color and thick and sticky. It is low in fat, and high in carbohydrates, protein, and antibodies to help keep your baby healthy. Colostrum is extremely easy to digest, and is therefore the perfect first food for your baby. It is low in volume (measurable in teaspoons rather than ounces), but high in concentrated nutrition for the newborn. Colostrum has a laxative effect on the baby, helping him pass his early stools, which aids in the excretion of excess bilirubin and helps prevent jaundice.

The colostrum gradually changes to mature milk during the first two weeks after birth. During this transition, the concentrations of the antibodies in your milk decrease, but your milk volume greatly increases. The disease-fighting properties of human milk do not disappear with the colostrum. In fact, as long as your baby receives your milk, he will receive immunological protection against many different viruses and bacteria.

YES EXACTLY! So glad someone else has had this, was starting to get worried :? I wet some tissue and stuck in inside my bra to try cool my boob down :oops:

I couldn't think of what I could do to make it feel better and I got a few funny looks walking round Asda rubbing my boobies :rotfl:
I'll try the wet tissue, it has to be better then the burning. :D

I have a similar thing, i have no idea how on earth i am going to cope breastfeeding when my nipples are soooo painful,
I just hope they calm down, even if i gently brush past something or DH nudges me in bed i scream the place down :oops:

Vickyleigh said:
I couldn't think of what I could do to make it feel better and I got a few funny looks walking round Asda rubbing my boobies :rotfl:
I'll try the wet tissue, it has to be better then the burning. :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: The things we can get away with in pregnancy :rotfl: :rotfl:

FeeFee, I'm starting to worry about breastfeeding too, its something I am determined to do but I'm starting to think it may not be possible for several reasons now :( [/quote]

My OH is always trying to grab mine, he's slightly impressed at how much they have grown and always wants a feel which I really really do not like at the moment and I keep telling him they are not toys they are feeding machines. I told him about my leeky nipple and I went into gorey details to put him off touching them. It's worked so far because he hasn't been near them :lol: :lol:

Awww Snuggle, :hug:

One of my oldest friends has just qualified as a lactation consultant and can't wait for me to have Jamesy, but i told her my fears and she did say it wont be easy but WILL be possible if i persevere, i guess the best i can do is put my trust in her and do my best.

Shes still B/Fing her LO now and hes 17 months! although he only has one feed at bed time she has such an amazing bond and relationship with him i swear it has alot to do with the closeness of B/Fing.

Aw I want that with my LO :D

My main concern about breastfeeding is my nipples, they are quite small :oops: so I'm worried baby wont latch on. Have watched a few videos and all the women seem to have very large nipples compared to me..mine are fairly flat really :oops: Sorry TMI :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back