pain after weeing

muppetmummy

Reaction score
Over the past few days I've found I get a shooting pain in what seems to be the cervix area just after I finish weeing. It feels similar to the shooting pains I get down there randomly which I thought were babys moving downwards and bashing my cervix. It doesn't hurt whilst I'm weeing, just once I've finished.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you think it might be a UTI? I've never had one before so don't know what they feel like. It's not a stringing pain, more a sharp shooting one.

I'm not sure, I had a UTI at around 15 weeks and I got a stabbing like pain in my back and also where the tube (urethra sp?) would be located if you know what I mean. It's difficult to know as the signs are urinating more frequently, but we are anyway with being pregnant. I'd give MW a call to be on the safe side, she might want you to give a sample xx

i don't know what it could be, but i've had loads of uti's in this pregnancy, and the stinging sensation i had with them doesn't sound like what you're describing. it's more of an stinging pain, externely if you know what i mean. i think it's caused by the acidity of your wee which gives the burning feeling when it's coming out :oops:

defo worth a call to the mw to have it checked though hun :hug:

My practice contractions get more painful when I need a wee, and I have noticed the same sort of pain you describe after going to the loo for the last week or two.

For me, it's not a urine infection (been checked and I've had loads of them in my lifetime so know it's a different kind of pain) I'm pretty sure.

Goodness knows what it is though... let me know if you find out.

As with everything else I suspect my doctor would label it as "just another one of those pregnancy aches and pains"... :rotfl:

yep, i get this too. just thought it was due to baby moving down and when i went for a wee as my bladder got empty it made him drop dwn a little more :think: because my bump used to feel alot heavier after i went for a wee.

it could be a UTI hun, or just baby pressure. Make an appointment to have your wee checked xx

It does sound like a possible UTI to me. Like Bexs said, i usually get more pain when I need to wee, not after, so it makes me think there may be another issue rather than just pressure.
Hope you are feeling ok soon! :hug:

Thanks girls :D If it's still happening on monday I'll give the midwife a call.

xJuliex said:
yep, i get this too. just thought it was due to baby moving down and when i went for a wee as my bladder got empty it made him drop dwn a little more :think: because my bump used to feel alot heavier after i went for a wee.

This does make a lot of sense and babys head does feel lower today. When OH came in from work yesterday he commented that my bump looked lower :dance:

I would say a uti hun, as i had them all the way therough my pregnancies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back