pain after amniocentesis

My1stBaby

Reaction score
has anyone had an amniocentesis before?

i had one yesterday and im still suffering with pain, its really sore around the area everytime i stand up, laugh or cough etc and when baby kicks on that side (which just so happens to be his fave place to kick)

i had one 4 weeks ago and dont even remember it hurting after! but the actual test hurt alot more this time too

just wondering if the pain is normal or whether i should ring hospital tomoro if i still feel pain

xxx

Not sure sweetie but I agree with larly - ring and get it checked out xxxxx

I agree with Carly & Verity, best to ring... Better to be safe. xx

Hope the pain is easing Hun, I'd get it checked out if I were you. Ots good you're feeling LO moving around though x

I had a CVS and was off work for 4 days and that was without baby kicking! Hope the procedure went well I found it slightly traumatising at the time but they did it wrong so I had it twice. Just relax and stay in bed. Good luck with your results :)

The pain has eased today ! must have just been sore where the needle went in. Pinkyprincess that must have been awful that it didnt work, ive had two but luckily both were very straightforward. Think this one hurt so much as im so far along now

thanks ladies xxx

Glad you are feeling better now :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back