Owwwwwwwwww

maybebaby

Reaction score
I'm really struggling with my back. It's so painful, right up between my shoulder blades. I went to the MW last Thurs & she told me to go to GP but he was pretty useless & said the only thing I could do was take paracetamol 4 times a day for a week & see if that makes a difference. Then he said paracetamol usually isn't very effective on that kind of pain.

I don't really want to be taking that much medicine unless I need to, I know they think paracetamol is safe during pregnancy but I don't want to risk it if that makes sense?

So I'm just coping with it hurting. Austin's having to get used to the fact I can't pick him up but I can't do anything - even just bending down to change his nappy is really painful.

The thing is I don't know if it's just a pregnancy thing, the doc said lower back pain is common but upper back is more unusual so he doesn't know if it's going to go away after baby comes!

Has anyone else experienced this type of pain and how do you ease it?

sorry hun there is nothing useful i can say but didnt want to read and run :hug: :hug: :hug: hope your feeling better soon xxxxxxxxx

Could it be your posture because of the weight of your bump? try a warm bath in the evenings when i get a sore back this seems to help :hug:

I have an illness which means I get alot of pain in various points in my back and medicines are rarely effective. Try a heat pack (you can get disposable ones from Boots or get a lavender bag which can be warmed in the microwave), or a deep heat rub alternatively ice packs can also work if the heat packs don't. Other avenues to explore are massage, physio and acupuncture but before going down any of those routes I would demand your doctor gets you checked a bit more thouroughly obviously x-rays are out for now but a referral to a physio would be beneficial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back