Own room

Im just doing what i think is right - i wont be sterilising bottles for a year because once she is weened she will be eating of a spoon and plate and they wont be sterile plus crawling and shoving god knows what into her mouth and her hands, you cant really keep everything sterile at that age so i wont be,
I make her bottles up and put them in the fridge for the day and add powder later - how they did it a few years ago but its wrong now, I give her it at room temp not warm and she loves it, and im not waiting until six months to ween because she eats so much already im doing it at four like it says is safe on the packet of baby rice.
I sound like a bad mum but you should see Alice she is so healthy and a right little chunk! x

Im just doing what i think is right - i wont be sterilising bottles for a year because once she is weened she will be eating of a spoon and plate and they wont be sterile plus crawling and shoving god knows what into her mouth and her hands, you cant really keep everything sterile at that age so i wont be,
I make her bottles up and put them in the fridge for the day and add powder later - how they did it a few years ago but its wrong now, I give her it at room temp not warm and she loves it, and im not waiting until six months to ween because she eats so much already im doing it at four like it says is safe on the packet of baby rice.
I sound like a bad mum but you should see Alice she is so healthy and a right little chunk! x

Hun you dont sound like a bad mum at all :) I make up her feeds for the night and put them in the fridge and warm them when she wakes for it. I've been doing it for the last 2 months and she's always been fine and I'm considering weaning at 4 months as I want her to get used to it - and you're right it does say on some jars/rusks/baby rice it is safe at 4 months. There's so much conflicting advice and information nowadays, how is anyone to know whats safe and whats not. No, I agree with you I'm just gonna go with my gut from now on, Angel is an extremely healthy, happy baby and is actually ahead in her development so far; so I must be doing something right :p xx

We moved Jax into his room at 10 weeks. He never settled in his moses basket so was cosleeping and we couldn't fit a cot in our bedroom. He took the transition really well and we all sleep much better for it. I probably would have kept him in with us longer if a) he had slept in his Moses basket b) if we had more room. Tbh, our house is so small, he's probably closer to us in a different room than some peoples babies are in the same room!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

This is what we do so if your a bad mum then so am I but my baby girls happy face tells me otherwise

We've started part weaning as she has porridge for breakfast, she can use a spoon although sometimes get it in her eye lol and loves her porridge! I decided right at the start that I would go with the flow and she would set the pace. There is nothing bad in that at all

I spoke about this matter with my health visitor today. She said to follow baby's lead. He will let me know if he's not happy. He will let me know when my milk alone is not enough and he needs food. If he was unhappy in his own room and big cot he'd let me know about that too I'm sure ;)

Savannah is still in with us and will be until we feel ready. Shes been a really good sleeper and slept through since 2 weeks only waking for her dummy occasionally now which has become a bit of a habit but were not overly stresed about it because hse goes straight back to sleep. We will keep her in with us a while longer i think, i know that people worry about their sleeping noises waking baby etc but i think it makes her feel more comfortable as well knowing that we are close by. I don't think i could relax yet so would rather wait until we are all comfortable with her being in her own room which probably wont be for another few months yet.

I agree hvs do have different opinions and so does every mother and there is sometimes no right or wrong answer but i think some guidelines are there for a reason... even if they do change occasionally. I asked the question about sterilising bottles the other day because i wasn't sure when it was safe to stop but the reason the guideline is 1 year is because of the bacteria in the milk that is bad for baby. Same with sleeping through, i wouldn't be comfortable moving savannah so early... Theres always a what if? what if i didn't hear her? what if she wasn't ok? and i would rather wait until the risk of these what ifs were reduced and then i think i'd feel more comfortable.

But each to their own. Every body has their own opinion :)

xx

alisha is one and she gets her own room very shortly

Devon is 14 months next week, and bless him, he will get fed up of us, but he will not be getting his own bedroom, till I either win the lottery and extend, or one of his brothers grows up and moves out! I am going to redecorate soon so he has boys decor up his end of the room

If we had room to put the cot in our room i would but we cant physically do it so they say six month but thats unrealistic in real life, she wont fit in her basket much longer so what else can we do with her, her room is right next to us and our bed is against the wall, there will always be risk every stage of there lives.

Bacteria in the milk? So if i use washing up liquid that is antibacterial after six month there shouldnt be a problem then should there, it doesnt need to be completley sterile just milk free and the bacteria from the milk gone? I could be wrong but it all is so confusing every person says something different... all i know is when she is crawiling around sticking her hands in her mouth then it seems pointless to steralise a washed bottle- it must be cleaner than the floor/ toys etc x

I I thought the same. I didn't think there was much point because obviously its difficult to sterilise spoons etc when weaning but I think the bacteria in milk can upset their little tummies and hv said washing up liquid won't get all of it so is rather he safe than have her sick. But every one is different. I know some people don't have room for Lo to stay in their room once they are in big cots... They are huge! It's just that personally I prefer it and were lucky that we do have the room.

Luckily I've got a room for her should we want to move her sooner. I'm a very 'what if' sorta person and everytime we discussed it I think we should take the plunge and see what shes like in there... then I chicken out. When I go up to bed I imagine her not in there and panic lol so I don't think I'm quite ready yet! xx.

Im the same so dont think Webster ready yet. I think over the first six months their sleeping habits change so regularly too so I like to keep her close to us. She's slept right through up until for months abd then went through a stage of rolling on her tummy and getting stuck while she was asleep and now she wakes for her dummy every few hours so things change all the time and we would rather keep her in with us until she's a bit more independent so that if she dies wake for some reason ie her dummy she would be able to go without it or find it herself. I just like to be there for her whilst she still needs me I guess. Every one is different though some people feel fine doing it. I just personally couldn't

X

I think ill buy Anti bacterial washing up liquid and soak them before i wash them so the washing up liquid has got it all i think, after six month tho not before then, i can't cope with sterilising the bottles for a year, the cats have figured how to knock it over and chewed my brand new teats which where £5 for two and the bits for my anti colic plus bottles so now i have to stand, wait for the steraliser to finish take them str8t out fill them and get them in the fridge - they can even open the cupboards! so its a nightmare for me atm! x

You can buy milton sterilising tablets which you can disolve in water and soak bottles in to ensure they are sterile without actually having to put them in the steriliser.

i cant soak them for long or laeve them or they get eaten... ill figure it out at the time lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back