Owen Edward 3.9.10 **pics added**

Minchin

Reaction score
Right, here is my birth story. Have been so busy with little one but really wanted to get the story up soon. I am typing with one hand with LO sleeping here in my arms!

I was booked in for induction on Thursday 2nd September, at 40+12. But started getting contractions on Wednesday night, was so excited, thought I was going to do it naturally. Contractions started about 7.30 pm, sometimes 20 mins apart sometimes 3 mins apart. Used the tens machine and bounced on ball. Tried to sleep but didn’t get much as from midnight-6am was having contractions every 15 mins. Then 6-7am every 5 mins!! But at 7 when I started getting ready to go into hospital (I had called the ward and they said still come in for induction) the contractions mostly stopped. Kept walking around and tried to stay relaxed but they were coming irregularly, every 20/30 mins or so.

So we got to hospital at 8.30. By 9.30 baby’s heart rate was being monitored for an hour before they gave me the first pessary. There were a couple of times when baby’s heart rate went down when I contracted…bit scary, but it came straight back up. So they decided to give me the pessary as his heart rate recovered each time. Got contractions on and off, all afternoon, tried to walk as much as possible when not being monitored. Baby’s heart rate still dipping on some, but not all, contractions. Had vaginal examination late afternoon-was 1-2cm. Contractions started getting bit stronger from about 6pm and heart rate still dipping. About 8pm the heart rate went way down, to 50 or so and the midwife said time to go up to labour ward for our own room and own midwife monitoring us.

Used gas and air and doctor tried to break my waters, he didn’t manage to but they broke just after when I went to the loo. Contractions came really quick together and what I thought were really strong!! Midwife said they measured mild to moderate. Started thinking about other pain relief, main option was epidural as baby’s heart rate still dropping, couldn’t have pethidine. Midnight, vaginal examination, now 2-3cm. Was bit gutted and exhausted. But baby’s heart rate had stopped decelerating which was great as thought we were going to do this!! Needed epidural as just couldn’t cope with pain. But the anaesthetist was in theatre so ended up waiting til 2.30am. Was sick from gas and air and had to just breath through quite a few contractions. I don’t know how people do it without pain relief!!

Epidural at 2.30, then just after baby’s heart rate dipping again. They said they couldn’t give me the drip to further induce cos of the trace. Was still only 2-3cm with cervix posterior!!! They did a blood sample from baby’s head, came back inconclusive. We could either sit around and wait, watching his heart arte dip or they advised a c section. We went with the section. Was so scared!

Owen Edward Adams was born at 5.11am. As the surgeon opened me up he said ‘gosh this is a big baby, definitely more than 10 pounds, he could have walked out!’ We had no idea baby was going to be so big, 10lb 4 oz, 57cm long! My bump was big, all baby, but never measured large. He was moving loads right til the end. He’s so strong, a little bruiser!

So maybe my body was aware that it might not get baby out! Or the weight of him stopped my cervix opening. Who knows, but the midwives said he would have most likely got his shoulders stuck and then it would have been a real emergency section. It all worked out in the end. We are so in love!

Tried to add some pics of the little man but it said failed. Can anyone help?!

Attachments

• 087.jpg
    087.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 088.jpg
    088.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Congratulations honey! x glad you're both alright x sorry I can't help with picture upload but can't wait to see them x hugs x

Huge congratulations hun. Have you tried uploading pics through photobucket? Xx

congratulations!! :yay: sorry to hear it ended in a section but definately for the best if it avoided a rushed emergency. You'd better sign your Owen up for rugby training with a weight on him like that!! :) xxx

:shock: 10lb 4 :shock: lol!! Amazing. Well done chick xxx

Last edited:
jeeez he sounds quite big!! over half a metre long! your poor minnie if he did come naturally! well done and congratulations bet hes heavy lol xx

Amazing! 10 pounds 4!!!! Congratulations to you all.

awww try and get a pic up would love to see a pic of a 10lb 4oz bubba, well done you xxxxx

Thanks everyone!:) He's pretty strong too! All that extra cooking time! How do you use photo bucket? I'll have a go now...

Congratulations!!! Hope you had big enough clothes for him :)

congratz! what a chunky one did you have alot that was to small for him as he is so tall aswell? xx

He is gorgeous and I think you're right, the c-section was probably for the best because pushing out a baby of that size would have been traumatic to say the least!!

Congrats on your gorgeous little boy. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back