Ovulation testing..

stephj25

Reaction score
Hi guys

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

I've just purchased some ovulation test strips from ebay and I just want to know when I need to start testing - I have looked online and it says usually from the 10th day of the cycle.

Does anyone have a different method - ie. temperature based, CM etc.

This is the first time I'll be using them and I really don't want to get it wrong.

Thank you and:dust::dust::dust: to all!!

Hi Steph, how long is your cycle as this deterines when you should start testing? (I'm new to all this but from what I have learnt) I have about a 29 day cycle so I would start testing day 11 and then test for the next 10 days (I am using the SMEP plan this month. this is only our second month ttc but I want to be more organised this month.) I also go by signs you can see such as CM. I get an incredible amount of EWCM around ovulation. Another easy method is to chart your temperature. Fertilty friend is a good website that explains it all. Bear in mind that ovulation tests predict ovulation so keep BDing till the tests go negative. Good luck!!!!!

thanks itsbabytime :wave:

My cycle is 34/35 days on average. I'm not sure about when I usually ovulate though as I haven't really been watching the signs (and only just bought a thermometer) - just been :bd:ing loads!! does your temp go up or down when ovulating?

Steph you normally ov on average 14 days before your af, although some ladies do have a slightly shorter or longer (12-16days) this period is called Luteal Phase. fx for you hun xx

Hey Steph!

How are you doing?

Looks like the witch got me today, so i guess that means we have similar cycles this month.

I'm gonna start my opks on 10th aug and just go from there.

So FX for a :bfp: for us both this month!!!

:dust:

xxx

thanks guys

I'm alright ta Kred, how are you? It's a shame you got AF instead of a BFP - at least you know where you stand now eh? hopefully we won't have this much stress in the next 2WW!!!

Good luck right back atcha hun :dust::dust::dust::dust:

Yep, Ready to do it all again :sigh:!!!

I'm pleased that af is heavier than last month as it means my uterus lining has thickened up a bit...........Meaning if i do get pg it has a better chance of sticking!
WOO!!

So, here's to the next crazy month lo!

FX!

xxx

Yep, Ready to do it all again :sigh:!!!

I'm pleased that af is heavier than last month as it means my uterus lining has thickened up a bit...........Meaning if i do get pg it has a better chance of sticking!
WOO!!

So, here's to the next crazy month lo!

FX!

xxx

fingers crossed for you

hiya steph. temp goes up after ovulation - i just did some general googling to find this stuff out - try fertility friend, TCOTF (take charge of your fertility) or SMEP (sperm meets egg plan). All should give you the info you need. Good luck and keep us all updated!!

Hi Steph
Would suggest if you are new to ov sticks to do from cd 10 even though your cycle is long. It gives you a chance to get to know what your body is doing and if you start early you know for sure what happened when you are trying to look back. The amazon/ebay sticks are cheap, and I've found them really good, even if sometimes they don't tell me what I want (that's usually when I start eyeing up CBFMs!). Even if you see a surge it can be worth keeping doing them as some people on here have talked about double surges in a month (body tried once then has to try again to get a big enought surge to ov??). Everytime you see 2 lines BD!

Good luck. I've found the amazon sticks a fab way of keeping track.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back