test strips for ovulation

CJteach

Reaction score
Last month I tried the test strips for ovulation. The first day that I tried it there was no line. The second day I guess I didn't wait long enough b/c I thought it was negative until I saw it in the garbage a few hours later and it had a postive line. I used them for the next two days and got postive results. I thought if you got a positive it meant that you would ovulate in the next 24 hours. How could it be positive for three days straight? Can anyone help me with this? :think:

Hi hun :wave:

Welcome to the forum!

The positive line should be as dark as the control line (or very close) and this indicates your surge, you will be fertile from that point onwards..................so if the line is lighter than the control line, you are not quite yet fertile!

Hope this helps!

Good Luck with ttc! xx

Thanks so much. I will pay closer attention to the color of the line next month. Congrats on the pregnancy news. I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

I'm going to be trying these this month too..my question is when do I start testing ?

There are different times to start tesing depending on how long your cycles normally are: For example, if you have a 25 day cycle you should start testing on day 8 ... 28 days = day 11, 30 days = day 13 etc etc ..... I'm somewhere between 28 and 30 days so I started tesing on day 11 and got a definite positive result on day 14! Still not pg yet tho!! Unless I'm pg now and just don't know it yet!!?!? Got NO symptoms what so ever though!! All these others are always going on about sore boobs!! Well .. I've got nuffin!! Ah well ..... onto next months jollies!!

Baby dust to all!

In usually between 28-30 so think I will try around day 11 then.

In fairness to your symptoms though Bec, when I was pg with Beth and Tom , I had no symptoms( and that was with twins!), just a missing AF..wasn't anticipating being pg!

This month though however after stopping the pill I have had every symptom under the sun, still have a few even though AF is here!

Maybe having no sympoms is a good sign, as they're also similar to AF symptons!

Good luck with your testing, let us know!

I'll have to come check when I get back from hols x

Hmmmmmm ... think AF has arrived early!!? But according to the OPK I only ovualted 10 days ago ... and thought from what I've read that it should be a min of 12 to a max of 14 days between ovualtion and AF .... :(

Bugger!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back