Ovulating every three months?

M1chelle

Reaction score
I have just had only my second peak on my clear blue fertility monitor after six months of using it. It's therefore definitely capable of detecting it but it just hasn't apart from now and once three months ago. I don't think it's a case of missing the surge as last time I had strong OPKs for two days. I have regular(ish) periods from 25-33 days... Is it likely that I am not ovulating every month?

I don't temp due to poor sleep and irregular times getting up.

I have just had only my second peak on my clear blue fertility monitor after six months of using it. It's therefore definitely capable of detecting it but it just hasn't apart from now and once three months ago. I don't think it's a case of missing the surge as last time I had strong OPKs for two days. I have regular(ish) periods from 25-33 days... Is it likely that I am not ovulating every month?

I don't temp due to poor sleep and irregular times getting up.

You can still have positive opks, regular periods and not ovulate so it's likely. I'm the same as you I cannot temp due to insomnia. The only sure way to tell is to ask your GP for a 21 day blood test, it checks progesterone levels. Mine was 28 and should be 30 or more to indicate ovulation. However I must of ovulated the following month as that's when I had my chemical pregnancy. xx

I have been tested for progesterone a few times and was slightly low on both - 25 then 19. Oddly enough the 19 came after my first positive OPK so it's all the more confusing..

I have been tested for progesterone a few times and was slightly low on both - 25 then 19. Oddly enough the 19 came after my first positive OPK so it's all the more confusing..

That is odd, you would think the LH surge would more likely happen with the higher progesterone levels.
Have you tried taking agnus castus?. It raises progesterone and helps you ovulate. The month I started taking it was when I got my bfp, it might be something to consider. I've just started taking it again 1000mg in the morning. x

That is odd, you would think the LH surge would more likely happen with the higher progesterone levels.
Have you tried taking agnus castus?. It raises progesterone and helps you ovulate. The month I started taking it was when I got my bfp, it might be something to consider. I've just started taking it again 1000mg in the morning. x

Thank you, I'm a bit dubious of trying stuff without being told to though so will wait until the docs give me the go ahead. I didn't have a very good experience with EPO when I tried it so figure I don't want to end up messing my cycle up more than it is :roll:

Good luck with this month!! xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back