Am I ovulating? Advice please!

ceebee

Reaction score
Hi :) I've decided to try BTT as I'm worried I'm not ovulating (don't think I have ewcm as far as I can see) - could someone please suggest a good make of thermometer to use? For you experienced temperature takers out there, any advice/tips would be appreciated...

Also, any tips on increasing ewcm would be good - gonna try evening primrose oil and read about robitussin, but don't want to start taking this until i'm sure I'm ovulating and know when I'm ovulating. Used one step OPKs last month for 1st time and only got a medium dark pink line, but don't think it was +ive - very tricky as my AF is irregular too. I'll probably try them once more this month, maybe 3 times a day, but if I don't get a +ive, will try a different brand...

It all seems so overwhelming and complicated so please help so I can keep my sanity!!

:wall2:

Thanks x

I got my thermometer pretty cheaply (less than £5 i think) works perfectly fine. I cant remember the seller but if you search bbt thermometer into ebay plenty should come up

Hi hun

I've got babymad thermometer off amazon, its suppose to beep when ready but doesn't seemed to after first time I've used it but does give ur temp in .00 so that's good. First month of using it this month.

As for the one step opk's I only got a mediumish line on cd14 am and it had gone fainter by time I checked it later and my cd14 pm opk was a fainter line. I was thinkin that it wasn't pos but no lines at all after that day, went foe 21 day bloods which confirmed I ov I wudnt have thought I had without those results so maybe u did hun. Ladies on here said the cheapies don't work well for some ppl.

I'm waiting for my clear blue fertility monitor to arrive for next cycle, no confusing lines to figer out!

Also I seem to have lack of cm evenin after using epo, I asked how everyone found there's and some ladies said that look for it so gona tryy this this cycle and I hav bought some conceive plus lube which helps create sperm friendly environment which the ewcm does.

Hope this info helps, I'm sure this ttc business makes us all feel like we're goin insane sometimes lol xxx

Thanks for info girls - babyg what you said about opks and 21 day bloods is reassuring - gives me some hope. Be interested to hear how you get on with clear blue one - have been thinking about investing in one of those.... Also interesting that you seem to lack cm too - might try that lube - thanks very much babyg - you've cheered me up today and given me some hope!! :) We WILL get there!!!! xx

hey ceebee
ive just started using my cbfm this month
im on a peak day today and yesterday (cd 11 and 12) which is good as its my first cycle using it and 2nd off from pill
got low readings day 5, 6 and 7
high readings 8,9,10 then peak on cd11 and 12
so defo useful...good to know when to bd every other day and when to bd every day?!!
i couldnt cope with stress of line spotting every day so invested in one of these rationale = £60 off amazon
they sell second hand for around £30 on ebay so if i ever get my bfp can get 50% of money back!!
it increases ur chances of conceiving by 89%
thats good enuff for me!
xx

Does sound good mrsw84 - think I might treat myself to one for xmas! :) Gonna check out amazon now... Keep me posted on how you get on this month - fx for you xx

thanks chick
will do
fx for you too
xxx

Hiya
I am having the same worries about EWCM. I started using the Clearblue Digital Ovulation Kit last month (as I was also worried that I wasn't ovulating) and got my positive OPK on CD 13 and 14. I find the CB OPK really good as there is no deciphering of lines - either smiley face or not. I have been taking EPO too, and I also heard that grapefruit juice can increase EWCM so am trying that too. Fingers crossed it all starts to make a difference soon!
Wishing you lots of luck!
x

Thanks Pickle79 - i'm pretty sure i'm gonna invest in one of those bad boys or the CBFM :) It would be such a relief just to know i'm ovulating... I'm sure you've heard of it, but I read that if you take Robitussin a week before ov it helps with EWCM - once I find out if i'm actually ov, I might try that too... Fx and lots of luck for you too :)

I do feel much more positive than when I posted last night :friends: thanks to all you lovely ladies

XX

Hi ceebee

Another cbfm fan here! I also chart my temperature on fertility friend and input all the data from my monitor along with any secondary info (ie cm etc) and it really helps me see when/if I ovualted!
Regarding ewcm- I tried Robitussin but didn't see any improvement and it seemed expensive so I used EPO last month and it made a huge difference, plus it's meant to be good generally for your hormones. I take it up until ovulation.

Good luck!
P.s I got my cbfm for £30 on ebay- and the test stick are cheaper on amazon!
xx

Hi,

Once you have your thermometer, I'm pretty sure fertility friend website has a graph you can plot all of your readings on. I only charted for one month, was actually the month I conceived, but my acupuncturist was using it (I can't say I understood it well as had only just started BBT). Anyway, she said to do it at the same time each morning and when still in bed, because it changes when you get up. Don't know if that helps.

Good luck.

xx

Hi hun

I've got babymad thermometer off amazon, its suppose to beep when ready but doesn't seemed to after first time I've used it but does give ur temp in .00 so that's good. First month of using it this month.

As for the one step opk's I only got a mediumish line on cd14 am and it had gone fainter by time I checked it later and my cd14 pm opk was a fainter line. I was thinkin that it wasn't pos but no lines at all after that day, went foe 21 day bloods which confirmed I ov I wudnt have thought I had without those results so maybe u did hun. Ladies on here said the cheapies don't work well for some ppl.

I'm waiting for my clear blue fertility monitor to arrive for next cycle, no confusing lines to figer out!

Also I seem to have lack of cm evenin after using epo, I asked how everyone found there's and some ladies said that look for it so gona tryy this this cycle and I hav bought some conceive plus lube which helps create sperm friendly environment which the ewcm does.

Hope this info helps, I'm sure this ttc business makes us all feel like we're goin insane sometimes lol xxx

That's interesting about the one step OPK's, I was using them for about 5 months while charting and never got a true +ive just a slightly darker line than the couple of days before and after but going by my temps it did look like I had OV'ed

Thanks Robslouise! Have spoken to DH and we're def gonna try CBFM - think i'll buy it new and then sell it on ebay when i've finished :) Bookmarked Fertility Friend to use for BBT - thanks olive :) There's so much to learn and any info helps....! Feeling a lot more positive and empowered now - Pf is great!!

Just saw you're due in Jan, Olive - wow! That's so exciting - hope you're feeling well and everything goes smoothly for you.... :swaddle:

Best of luck to all :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back