New and need help please

Lilliana

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum so sorry if this doesn't make sense but just need some help.

We've been trying to conceive for the last 6 months and to no avail. We bought a Clear Blue Fertility Monitor last month and am using it now for the first cycle. Unfortunately I am prone to very irregular periods which is why I figured it was taking time for us to conceive. I've never worried about it because my mum is the same and has had 6 children.

However, I am on day 15 of my cycle according to the monitor. I have had 6 or 7 "high" days and was waiting for my peak days.. instead my period appears to have started. I am very confused indeed. Had the monitor missed ovulation or not detected it? Is it possible I'm not ovulating at all?

Sorry if this seems random but I'm utterly confused and fed up now!

Faery xx:roll:

Hi ya, I'm using the cbfm for the first time this month too, I know from advice given by other girls on here that with your first cycle the monitor might only give you 5/6 high days and no peaks until it gets to know your cycles but not sure about the period thing, did u start the monitor and start testing on the right day etc? Sorry if that seems silly! I'm sure someone on here with more experience will give you some advice. Good luck pet. X

TTC our first baby since 6th Jan 2012

Yeah I definitely started using it on the right day. I'm used to crazy cycles like that I just presumed the monitor would pick something up. It appears to be in denial completely and is just acting like it's not happened :lol:

Will just reset the monitor I guess and start again... fingers crossed for next time!

you say you are on day 15 and your period has started again - this is incredibly short. haev you recently come off any hormonal birth control?

Hey im Sarah

Was wondering if someone could help me......My period was due 8 days ago and still no sign of it..ive got sore breasts,tired all the time,mood swings,headaches,going to the toilet more. Was just wondering if it sounds like im pregnant? Pleas help me..im so confused! x

Hey im Sarah

Was wondering if someone could help me......My period was due 8 days ago and still no sign of it..ive got sore breasts,tired all the time,mood swings,headaches,going to the toilet more. Was just wondering if it sounds like im pregnant? Pleas help me..im so confused! x

haev you tested? only way to know!

Hi itsbabytime,

I came off the pill 6 months ago so presumed the effects of it would have passed by now but apparently not :(!

I am used to short cycles followed by really long cycles and it's starting to drive me crazy but just beginning to worry that something is wrong now. It has been happening since I was a teenager though.

Going to go for a few more months and if I still don't have any luck will speak to the doctor.

Lilly x

Hi hun, ive been off the pill for 8 months now and my periods are still irregular but not as much now. I went to docs last month for bloods to see if i ovd and apparently all is fine so id defo go to docs and disscuss it with them to put your mind at ease as it is unusal to have such a short cycle, altho i did have a 17day one a few months ago!!

Fx it wont be long before you get your bfp.

Michelle. x

Thank you Hayes. I really appreciate the reassurance :) I'm hoping things will calm down soon and am glad I'm not the only person who has experienced such a short cycle. Will make an appointment with the doctor and get it checked out but am just worried he'll tell me off for something. I quit smoking not long ago but have now piled on the pounds and although I'm not obese I'm sure he'll tell me weight is the reason I haven't conceived yet even though I know it's not!

Anyway, just rambling. Thanks again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back