Overnight stay in hospital last night

Bagpuss17

Reaction score
It's been a strange week for me, had stomach ache and regular tightenings on Monday night for a few hours, they settled down after a hot bath and I was able to sleep OK. Next day I felt fine.

Later on Tuesday night I started with stomach ache again and had severe stomach and back pains, which I also experienced twice at 32 weeks. They put it down to a uti first time around and then decided it wasn't as my urine sample came back clear :?

Anyway, I knew these weren't labour pains but none the less, it was a horrid night. I didn't get any sleep as the pain was sustained. No matter what I did, it wouldn't go away. I ended up throwing up several times as well and felt feverish. I had a GP appointment booked for the next day anyway as my midwife was away. They booked me into see the doc at the hospital. So they assessed me and cervix was closed, defo not labour related. They detected white cells in my urine but said it didn't really indicate a uti but would treat me for one just in case so on antibiotics.

But I was in so much pain and looked dreadful the registrar insisted I stay in overnight. After nearly 24 hours of pain, they finally eased off last night. But for the 2nd consecutive night I couldn't get any sleep, 2 ladies on the ward with us decided it was a good idea to put their TVs on between 2 & 6 am!!! They don't supply headphones anymore so we all had to listen to the TVs, Jeremy Kyle of all things. So I didn't get a wink of sleep at all last night :(

Whilst I was there, they booked me in for a growth scan as I'm measuring 33 weeks on the fundal height. Bubs measurements put him/her at about a 6 & half pound baby at the moment. But I know to take this with a pinch of salt, they're not always accurate. Bump is defo all baby though.

He/she is still head down, with it's bottom under my ribs. It's turned even more, which does make me wonder if that was causing me the pain. It would tie in with him/her turning from breech/transverse to head down at 32 weeks too. My bump feels a bit strange, very heavy and almost tender when I walk. Hard to describe but I just feel strange. But because it's moved, my sciatica has completely gone which I'm so, so happy about as it was severe at times.

Off to bed now, in desperate need of some sleep. :sleep: :sleep: I've had enough drama for one week :D

Ooomfh yikes - you poor thing!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm glad the pain is gone now hun - I hope it stays away, and your right to take the growth scan with a pinch of salt, I'm off for my 3rd one next week as they just cant make their minds up about my little tub.

Get yourself all tucked up and I hope you get a lovely undisturbed solid 12 hour sleep!!!

Cleo xxx

Aww you poor thing!! :shock: That must have been horrible for you :(

You're deffo right to take the scan with a pinch of salt. They're so unreliable babe :hug: xx

How scary :hug: Glad you and bubs are ok though :D

I'm glad they took good care of you and that the sciatica has gone :cheer:

Hope you have a restful rest of the week :hug:

Poor you. Hope you get lots of sleep tonight.

Glad that baby is still head down. I cannot wait to find out if it is a boy or girl. Sounds like a perfect weight so far :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back