Over-optimism on very minor non-fakeable symptom

tinselcat

Reaction score
As someone who maybe in her life has pulled a couple of sickies claiming "a really bad sore throat", and then proceeded later that day to sympathetically develop a really bad sore throat (I'm not psychic so go figure!), I am trying to be wary of a myriad of minor sensations my brain thinks might be symptoms.

Gassy and bloated... could be too much ginger beer (we finally got a fridge 2 weeks ago after the last one broke)

Minor abdominal pain... aching muscles after holding in bloated tummy due to embarrassment of its size

Feeling dizzy for 2 seconds... me getting out of bed too quickly (and early!) this morning.

But, having finally convinced my brain to stop informing me of every little ache and pain (for the time being), I then go and get a metallic taste in the mouth... I look in the mirror and see my gum is bleeding.

Rather than thinking, "damn, I really should have flossed last night", I think: "OMG!! A symptom! A SYMPTOM I tell you!". To be fair I don't ever remember my gums bleeding of their own accord, but then again maybe this gingivitis has taken a turn for the worse.

If AF turns up at the end of next week, I am gonna have to book an appointment with dentist... and same head to the gym/start drinking those yoghurt drinks to get rid of this stupid bloated tummy!!

Well, there's my story for this morning. :dohh:

Anyone else going through the same thing?? :)

x

Last edited:
Ah the joys of the 2ww!! I've done all you've described esp the bleeding gums metallic thing!
It's so annoying that it's a waiting game and hopes get up. But sometimes those hopes are met :yay:
Xxxx

hi tinselcat, very funny post! when i joined the forum back in July 10 i had literally every single symptom imaginable and no bfp! i have that great power where my mind is able to imagine symptoms!!! i hope this is your month!!!!

xxx

Heh heh, well it's reassuring to know I'm not alone! :wave:

This morning I was thinking, "I'm sure I don't remember having those veins on my lower right tummy" - I need a good :slap:

But on the bright side, at least we know what false signals to ignore on the next cycle!

And Positivity, am definitely now hoping it will be BFP this month as DH said yesterday he thinks we started TTC too early and need to wait a few more months... ARGH!! :sad:

oh no!! tell him he's wrong! its never too early, look at me, i'm 9 months down the line and nothing! i'm 28 now and wish i had started ttc at 26! xx

Sigh, I agree! I think he wants everything to be perfect and for him to feel (more) "ready" before trying. But life's not perfect, and by the time he's "ready" it might be too late for me! (hope not tho). Bah.

Hopefully he will change his mind in the next couple of weeks if this month doesn't work out :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back