over doing it and misscarriage?

rachaellouise

Reaction score
Can over doing it on the house work cause a misscarriage?
I have been hoovering and on hands and knees scrubbing the floor! Have I been really stupid? :shock:

I shouldn't think it would cause a problem, but taking it a bit easier is definately on the cards!
Stay away from any really harsh chemicals, and don't lift anything heavy, and all should be well.
Hope you have a happy, healthy nine months! x

It's defo an excuse to clean less ;) as huelyn says stay away from harsh chemicals. Keep the room ventilated when you're using cleaning products. I've moved house twice in this pregnancy first time was before I knew at 4 weeks. And I've probably over done it both times and everything seems fine here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If u think of women in third world countries who have to fetch and carry water to drink and clean and still manage to get to full term a bit of housework in moderation with no heavy lifting isn't going to do any damage. Those women in other countries who have poorly babies is because of factors, not because of how much they did during pregnancy. I know that puts my mind at rest when I doubt things I've done or haven't done during pregnancy.

You'll be fine, your embryo is minuscule, and normal activities are fine. You wanna clean, you clean. Household chemicals are generally safe, if they weren't you would be allowed to use them around your home. (obviously don't drink it coz that would be daft)
As i keep telling my Hubby i am pregnant, not ill or disabled. I have a child growing inside of me, and yes it makes me feel like i could sleep for days but everything else is normal, the world does not stop coz i am preggers.
If you are going to miscarry it will because there is something worng with the pregnancy, and not because you have cleaned your floor. (I apologise if i sound like a raging banshee..hormones)

im planning on working full time for as long as i can and i am constantly running around on my feet all day at work and my body gets soooooo tired but im glad im still active :) i think housework is fine! x

im planning on working full time for as long as i can and i am constantly running around on my feet all day at work and my body gets soooooo tired but im glad im still active :) i think housework is fine! x

Although wouldn't it be great if housework was banned hehe! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol - well my OH is a clean freak and im very messy so he always does the housework :-s im a rubbish homemaker!!! x

Its fine don't stress about every little thing...they will have us not eating and doing nothing soon lol. Anything your used to is fine just take it a little bit easier than you normal would xx

I have to say my housework suffered in the first 20weeks but that was more because I was damn tired to do anything but I am back on form now (possibly nesting too) and the house is spotless!!

Well I work a stable yard of 10 by myself, I put all those horses in fields, then muck out 10 stables (this includes emptying wheelbarrows full of piss and poo) and thn get them back in, fix fencing, make feeds, go out on the tractor to poo pick the fields, and I have done this for more than a year. Therefore, id say, you'll be fine! I did this job through my pregnancy, still ride my horses (well not as much at this moment in time as I struggle to get off haha) and my baby is fine, as healthy so far. X

As people have mentioned above, you need to get on with a 'normal' life also. I not only moved and cleaned and scrubbed 3 houses, lifted furniture (I know I shouldn't of done) laid carpets, painted and then sorted another house at the other end, got married in between all of this so was stressed with all sorts of things and things are fine. Just relax and enjoy being pregnant, feel blessed and stop stressing so much. In an ideal world we would all love to be wrapped in cotton wool and not have to lift a finger in hope that MC isn't on the cards

As people have mentioned above, you need to get on with a 'normal' life also. I not only moved and cleaned and scrubbed 3 houses, lifted furniture (I know I shouldn't of done) laid carpets, painted and then sorted another house at the other end, got married in between all of this so was stressed with all sorts of things and things are fine. Just relax and enjoy being pregnant, feel blessed and stop stressing so much. In an ideal world we would all love to be wrapped in cotton wool and not have to lift a finger in hope that MC isn't on the cards

Hat off to you!!!! Those are mammoth tasks and you and bubb are fine. Congratulations on the wedding too xxx

Thanks Lexus hun, to top it off we have just got a puppy so run ragged with him too, looking forward to 1 rest day at least.

xx

Yeah Hopeful, you're a hero!!! Rachael, I have to agree with the others, life doesn't grind to a halt as soon as we get pregnant. What will be, will be. Stress is one of the few things that is in our control (sort of) during pregnancy and little beans love relaxed mummies so try to take deep breaths and stop worrying so much about everything. It's perfectly natural to feel some stress and worry, but there really isn't much you can do to guarantee anything. Try and enjoy being pregnant.x

Thanks Lexus hun, to top it off we have just got a puppy so run ragged with him too, looking forward to 1 rest day at least.

xx

Don't do things by halves do ya? lol. This is the start of brilliant things though so enjoy!! xx:dance:

Hopeful I thought I was mad moving house twice!!!! Although I NEVER want to move again you just have to get on with it really, no other choice! If I could have a cleaner I'd defo be up for that lol.

x x x x

I'm actually really taking stock and really appreciate my life because no one knows whats gonna happen.
Found out yesterday that my friend from school, same age as me 29, has been diagnosed with liver cancer :( She's married and has a 3 y/o. She's always had a healthy lifestyle, never been a smoker or heavy drinker. So make the most of your life hunni!

That wasn't even the half of it lol gutted my flat out for the sale, replacing everything. Then his place only to move into a place that hadn't been lived in for over a year. Moved our things over in cars and all in the space of 2 weeks, going back and forth the 35 miles to the new place continuously..arrgghhh makes me tired just thinking about it, plus stressed out cat and a wedding in the middle. To be honest it was a godsend coming back to work! x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back