over 5years of ttc, anyone else out there? feel so alone!

wcd.18

Reaction score
hii everyone im new to all of this so bare with me on all the 'slang' used lol me and me oh have been trying for over 5years now with not a glimmer of hope, ive had a few tests all coming back with good results and doctors say i should be able to concieve, my oh has had several sperm tests done and each show he has a low count and low motility!? id love to hear from anyone who has a similar problem or is a lttc! thanks everyone xx

Hi, welcome! Sorry to hear about ur oh's results. Are u now under the care of a fertility doctor??

Hiya wcd :)

Five years is a long time to be ttc - what are the doctors offering in terms of treatments?

Low count and motility implies that should have been referred for IUI or IVF by now xx

hii, we cant be referred for iui or ivf as my oh already has a little boy hes 7 so we dont qualify for it, all doctors have said is keep trying im 22 my partners nearlly 25 its a hope to know my oh has had a child but so frustrating thinking whats the matter with me? doctors say nothing but us women know our bodies ive had blood tests x-ray examinations? what else can i do? after 5years im starting to think ive not been made to be a mum! xx

Well, the first thing to do would be to improve your partner's sperm which you know isn't good.

His little boy could have been a fluke or perhaps his sperm quality has been declining over time due to lifestyle choices.

Both low count and motility are able to be corrected with good lifestyle choices so you need to make sure his isn't smoking, isnt drinking more than a couple of pints per week, is minimising caffeine, not having hot baths, no drugs, taking antioxidants, etc.

As for you, if your test results are coming back good and you cycles are regular then it is more likely that you are perfectly normal but if you want to try anything, follow a similar plan to your partner and get healthy.

In the meantime maybe try and get a second opinion and start saving for IVF xx

thank you, we could improve lifestyle id like to exercise but finding something that fits round my job, my oh goes to the gym 3 times a week (had to stop at minute due to just having an op) he had a varicose vein in his testicle some doctors say having this blocked off could improve his sperm as it heats them up where others say it has nothing to do with it!? he doesnt smoke and never has so thats good, ive been quit for 2weeks didnt smoke alot but even smokin a bit doesnt help! he does need to cut down drinkin as he does like his beer he has done it before and did well. im due my af in 6days and have had sore boobs for a few days now so i no shes on her way!! just gettin really :-( after 5years! xx

Hiya hun *hugs*
I know your pain. I've been trying for 7 years but have PCOS. Hubbys perfectly fine in his part.
6 rounds of clomid have failed and I've just been told by gyno yesturday that only chance of having kids is IVF. BUT as I got OHSS (can be fatel) with just the clomid then the IVF risk could be too high.

So now I have to decide if it's worth the risks and go for it, or decide if I could live without been a mum. Feeling depressed and deflated is just the beginning.

For you there's much hope as it's your partener. He can get herbal prostate tablets that will help with his little men quality, try to keep his ball cool as heat kills them off (no using laptops on his lap!) etc. The op could very well help too.

Failing that you can have IUI before trying IVF. IUI is kinda like what they do to valuble animals like racehorses when they don't want to risk the stallion hurting the mare. No drugs or anything to do on your part other than a few scans to see when oving then spread ya legs for the syringething when it's time.

Wish you both luck hun.

Hi welcome, big hugs to you!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back