Ovaries Mis-firing

shez

Reaction score
I've been to gp lately as after ttc for nearly 8 months afs are still irregular. Originally though it was PCOS but after blood test he said hormone level is normal and is more likely to be my ovaries mis firing. I'm currently waiting for af and on CD56 so far this month but they have ranged between CD28-80. GP is still refering me to gyn but wondering if anyone else has had the same problem???

Hi Shez,
I have also been referred to hospital to see a gynochologist, my story is similar to yours, been ttc for around 6 months and noticed before every period I get really painful stabs and aches in my pelvis and left hip. It has probably been going on longer (as I've always suffered from miserably painful periods), but since ttc I'm more in tune with my body. Also my periods are unpredictable, from 28 - 36 days, and they last from 2-7 days. I'm always really light but for the last few months I've had some pretty serious sized clots (sorry if tmi!)
Anyhow, after talking to my mum (who has endometriosis) she told me to go to the docs as it sounded like what she has.
So, after a trip to the docs (and some pretty undignified routing arounds!!)
I found out I could have either endometriosis, pcos, or ovarian cysts! OR it could be nothing! So he referred me, obviously 'cos he has no idea! So, when I asked him how long it would be before my appointment at the hossy, he said " urmm... probably a few months, you'll get a letter"
Great then, only a few more months of torture! You just want to know one way or the other, just so you know, then you can get on with what ever the outcome is!
Although my cycle days are not nearly as long as yours, I completely understand what your going through.
My doc didn't take any blood though? How can he tell that you don't have pcos just from your blood? Don't know anything about mis-firing ovaries, sorry! Let's just hope our gyno's know more than our docs!!! :D
Sam xxxx

Hi'ya

Thanks hun for your comments. Sure we'll have to wait to see what the gyn has to say - i know how you feel though - and they always seem to drag on with things like this. Apparently, the bloods show that my hormones were normal but i had abnormal liver functions so i have to go for another scan along with apparently a scan the gyno will do.

Fingers crossed we both get those bfp's before our appointments.

Take care
Sheree

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back